Let’s Get to Work.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers long-term success for our clients. It takes genuine collaboration, deep expertise, and steady focus. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, long-lasting results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us. We are Huron. Let’s get to work.
Workday HCM, Financials, Student - Consulting Manager - Flexible Location
Category: Higher Education, Technology
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
City: San Francisco
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Huron has become a Workday Services Partner, enabling it to help education and healthcare customers deploy Workday Financial Management, Workday Human Capital Management and Workday Student. Workday (NYSE:WDAY) is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. This alliance with Workday provides Huron with exciting new opportunities to help clients generate meaningful improvement and efficiency in their operations. In addition, the partnership with Workday is a critical part of Hurons expanding cloud-based Software as a Service (SaaS) strategy. As the marketplace increasingly views the cloud as integral to enterprise system strategies, Huron is preparing for an increase in related deployment services from its Enterprise Solutions consulting practice.
Managers in the Enterprise Solutions consulting practice assist clients with the planning and implementation of Workday financials and human capital management software. In this role, Managers lead members of the team and work in conjunction with other Huron and client team members throughout the entire implementation lifecycle including planning, configuration, design, build, conversion, training, go-live and post-production support.
*This position requires significant travel.
Demonstrates proficiency in the following:
- Project Management methodology
- Identification of business process modifications
- Complex design document creation
- Testing approach for script development and execution
- End-user training development and execution
- Change management design and execution
- Manages multiple project teams simultaneously at disparate locations - Identifies and proactively mitigates project risks
- Fosters working relationships with client personnel at all levels
- Facilitates and leads client meetings
- Develops team work plans and coordinates project team activities
- Directs client and consulting resources with day-to-day duties
- Manages client deliverables, project budget, and quality assurance
- Coaches and mentors Analysts and Associates
- Actively participates in practice and business development initiatives
- Manages engagement economics including financial forecast, burn rates, and AR
- Develops statement of work and manages change orders
*You can be located anywhere in the U.S.
- Bachelors degree or Masters degree in HR Management, Business Management and Organizational Behavior, Information Systems or related areas or equivalent work experience
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Workday Human Capital Management (HCM), Workday Financials, functional configuration and implementation or technical integration
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Workday Services functional certification
- Experience with estimating, implementation planning and project management - Experience as a functional application specialist
- Excellent communication skills - oral and written - and the interpersonal skills needed quickly to establish relationships of trust and collaboration
- Ability to establish credibility in the eyes of senior-level, financially literate university and hospital executives on the basis of expertise, maturity, and professionalism
- Ability to train and participate in the professional development of Huron staff in both project-management and technical dimensions
- Excellent time-management and prioritization skills - Ability to manage multiple projects of differing scale and duration
- Strong analytical skills used to translate information from meetings into documentation that can be shared with meeting participants and project teams
- Desire and willingness to learn new tools, techniques, concepts, and methodologies - Proven thought leadership as indicated by speaking engagements and/or publications a plus
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.