Let’s Get to Work.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers long-term success for our clients. It takes genuine collaboration, deep expertise, and steady focus. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, long-lasting results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us. We are Huron. Let’s get to work.
Workday Consulting Director - Financial Management (Flexible Location)
Category: Higher Education, Technology
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Huron’s thriving global footprint stems largely from our desire to drive Enterprise Solutions (ES) support to unprecedented levels. So we employ cutting-edge talent and give them every tool in the box—so they can think outside the box. We hire Oracle, Workday, and PeopleSoft functional specialists who are hard-wired to implement end-to-end ERP solutions. We assemble gifted consultants dedicated to healthcare and higher education and provide them every complex initiative available so they can help clients transform and flourish.
That’s where you come in…
Huron’s capacity to grow as an ES leader hinges on the ES team we assemble. But we’re also dedicated to your career objectives. Join our team as the expert you are now and ignite the career that you’ve always envisioned. Huron has the resources…the roadmap…the vision to get you there.
Construct solutions. Cultivate your expertise. Never stop evolving.
Directors in the Enterprise Solutions (ES) practice assist clients with the planning and implementation of Workday Financial Management Enterprise Cloud Solution. In addition to the technology component of this work, ES Directors are also experts in business process transformation and design. In this role, Directors lead teams and work in conjunction with other Huron and client team members through various implementation lifecycle phases including assessing, planning, architecting, prototyping, conversion, training, testing, deploymnent and post-production support. Because of the complex nature of the projects and the seniority of the client representative, a high level of sophistication related to communication, creativity, project management, problem solving, financial management, and institutional strategic planning are key requirements for success.
Directors are responsible for managing a portfolio of smaller projects, leading larger process or technology implementations, and contributing to business development activities as an industry, process, or technology subject matter expert (SME). The position involves significant onsite client contact with travel three to four days each week and overall client, team, and practice management responsibilities. Directors provide guidance and supervision to Analysts, Associates, Managers, subcontractors, and client personnel.
As a leader in the ES Workday practice with a specialization in Workday Financial Management, the Director is capable of being a thought leader in the Higher Education space. They will be a go-to leader within Huron to provide expert solution architecting across multiple engagements.
• Bachelor’s or advanced degree in information systems, accounting, finance, or related fields or equivalent work experience
• Minimum ten years work experience in the information technology, accounting, human resources, research administration, student lifecycle management or consulting field
• Minimum ten years work experience implementing, upgrading, and/or optimizing ERP
• Minimum three years experience working directly in the Workday ecosystem
• Multiple active Workday certifications maintained through WD27 preferred
• Significant experience with estimating, implementation, planning and project management
• Strong analytical, project management, and communication skills
• Proven thought leadership as indicated by speaking engagements and/or publications
• Passion and drive for business development and problem solving
• Ability to translate client needs and feedback into coherent project plans
• Excellent communication skills - oral and written - and the interpersonal skills needed quickly to establish relationships of trust and collaboration
• Ability to train and participate in the professional development of Huron staff in both project-management and technical dimensions
• Ability to manage multiple projects of differing scale and duration
• Has experience in the financial, operational, or research administration areas of a university, hospital, or academic medical center
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.