Create Your Future.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers lasting success. It takes a steady focus and genuine collaboration of our teams to support our clients. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, impactful results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us.
Student Lifecycle Solutions - Technical Lead - Multiple Locations
Category: Higher Education Consulting, Technology
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Higher education provides students (whether entering through mahogany doors or cyberspace) a neon arrow that flashes: Your future this way… So when institutions require our help with institutional strategy, business operations, research enterprise, student success, or enterprise systems integration —or any other roadblock that challenges their ability to provide the awe-inspiring education that defines them—our consultants serve as “first responders”—providing leadership…solutions…and measured results.
Our legacy is rooted in the industry – bringing an unmatched level of expertise and experience in higher education. Yet we challenge the status quo and empower our clients to think more deeply about the future. From vision to execution, we enable our clients to identify and realize unique opportunities to drive higher levels of performance and impact.
It’s a noble role we execute with pride—one that shapes education globally.
Huron has significant Oracle, PeopleSoft, and Workday expertise and is one of the largest and fastest-growing consulting firms in North America. Huron has recently created the Student Lifecycle Solutions practice. With inspiring capabilities in student lifecycle strategy, organization, business process improvement, project management and student information system implementation, Huron guarantees to ignite your true potential. The innovation and insight we develop today become the solutions of tomorrow.
The PeopleSoft Technical lead will work closely with the project manager to provide technical guidance in design, development, testing, and deployment of PeopleSoft applications at a client site . The role will require the Technical Lead to work with project teams to ensure client technical requirements are met. The lead will manage and provide guidance to technical resources daily and will work with the client to provide a view of not only current status, but also longer-term objectives.
The lead will work with diverse project teams that include delivery consultants/developers, on implementations or upgrades lasting anywhere from three months to two years.
• Current U.S. work authorization
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent work experience
• 4-6 years of professional services experience while performing in the role of a technical lead
• Prior technical experience with PeopleSoft applications
• Experienced in gathering system requirements, identifying resources, and estimating timelines for project completion.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze the application needs and determines most appropriate strategy and design to meet business requirements, increase cost effectiveness and ensure infrastructure stability.
• Experience in troubleshooting the technical components of a vendor purchased application and its associated back-end processes and integrated applications.
• Experience designing and implementing web services for real-time data integration with SaaS solutions
• Previous experience in providing technical support for PS CS 9.1 and/or PS CS 9.2 and PeopleTools 8.54 and higher.
• Proven ability to deliver custom Oracle enterprise applications and integration.
• Previous experience in a higher education environment
• Experience with integrating Oracle/PeopleSoft products to other vendor applications, including Concur and InfoEd applications
• Experience developing system processes, procedures, and practices for maintaining the application systems, and their infrastructure and architecture environments.
• SQL, XML, XSLT, BI Publisher, Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence Web Services – SOAP and REST, Java and or Java Scripting
• Must have experience with multiple modules
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio or other flowcharting software
*You can live anywhere in the U.S. but must be willing to travel weekly Monday - Thursday*
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.