Create Your Future.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers lasting success. It takes a steady focus and genuine collaboration of our teams to support our clients. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, impactful results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us.
Student Lifecycle Solutions - PeopleSoft Upgrade Consultant - Multiple Locations
Category: Higher Education Consulting, Technology
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Higher education provides students (whether entering through mahogany doors or cyberspace) a neon arrow that flashes: Your future this way… So when institutions require our help with institutional strategy, business operations, research enterprise, student success, or enterprise systems integration —or any other roadblock that challenges their ability to provide the awe-inspiring education that defines them—our consultants serve as “first responders”—providing leadership…solutions…and measured results.
Our legacy is rooted in the industry – bringing an unmatched level of expertise and experience in higher education. Yet we challenge the status quo and empower our clients to think more deeply about the future. From vision to execution, we enable our clients to identify and realize unique opportunities to drive higher levels of performance and impact.
It’s a noble role we execute with pride—one that shapes education globally.
Huron has significant Oracle, PeopleSoft, and Workday expertise and is one of
the largest and fastest-growing consulting firm in North America. Huron has recently created the Student Lifecycle Solutions practice. With inspiring capabilities in student lifecycle strategy, organization, business process improvement, project management and student information system implementation, Huron guarantees to ignite your true potential. The innovation and insight we develop today become the solutions of tomorrow.
The PeopleSoft Upgrade Consultant will work closely with the project manager to provide upgrade expertise to the project. The Consultant will work with diverse project teams that include delivery consultants/developers, on implementations or upgrades lasting anywhere from three months to two years.
• Current U.S. work authorization
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent work experience
• 4-6 years of professional services experience while performing in the role of an upgrade specialist
• Prior technical experience with PeopleSoft applications
• Must have successfully completed multiple major upgrades of PeopleSoft and also be on current version of both PeopleSoft and Campus Solutions
• Specialized in Administrating and Engineering of PeopleSoft Applications, Peopletools Upgrade and Application Upgrades.
• Good knowledge in PeopleSoft Upgrade Methodology and performed major upgrades of PeopleSoft HCM / Financial applications with rich experience in PeopleTools upgrade
• Working experience in PeopleSoft database as Oracle / DB2 Zos database and WebLogic Middleware is a big PLUS
• Experience in installation and configuration of PeopleSoft Environment on Windows and IBM AIX Platforms with multiple servers using load balancing and failover
• Working knowledge in Change Assistant to run PeopleSoft Application and PeopleTools upgrade
• Preparing and analyzing compare reports, marking keep/drop decisions and retrofitting activities
• Experience in applying Patches, Fixes, Bundles, Updates, Minor PT patches, PeopleTools upgrade and Application upgrade
• Experience in migration of PeopleSoft objects using change management tool STAT and through Application Designer.
• Experience with PeopleSoft Update Manager (PUM) and PeopleSoft Image (PI) for 9.2 applications
• Experience with configuration and excellent troubleshooting skills in Application servers, webservers, process scheduler, Report Manager, PS Query, Integration Broker, Application Engine, SQR, COBOL and different PeopleSoft components within PeopleSoft applications
*You can live anywhere in the U.S. but must be willing to travel weekly Monday - Thursday*
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.