Let’s Get to Work.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers long-term success for our clients. It takes genuine collaboration, deep expertise, and steady focus. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, long-lasting results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us. We are Huron. Let’s get to work.
Strategy and Operations Consulting Associate (Higher Education)
Category: Higher Education
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Huron Education has the world’s largest practice dedicated to serving the higher education industry. Our team of professionals, each with extensive knowledge and experience in the business of higher education and academic medical centers, delivers comprehensive services to the industry and partners with institutions to improve business performance across the enterprise. Our professionals draw from their experience working across various technology solutions, as well as strategic, financial, operational, and regulatory aspects of higher education to develop and implement the most effective solutions. Huron Education has worked with over 400 universities, academic medical centers, and research institutions to improve performance so they can continue their traditions of extraordinary achievement. The Huron Education team provides solutions across the following segments: Strategy and Operations, Research and Technology.
Associates play an integral client-facing project or work-stream leadership role. The Associate can expect his/her contributions to have material impact upon the ultimate client deliverable(s). This role blends a passion for Higher Education with a business savvy and pragmatic orientation to participate in the shaping, development and delivery of analysis and solutions which anticipate or outpace industry trends. While activities will vary based on project size/scope and individual skill-sets and strengths, the Associate can expect to spend his/her time roughly as follows: 80% will be allocated to material client interaction through all project phases, project management, intensive data-analysis and the identification of the “so-what’s” therein, and to creating compelling client-ready presentations and; 20% will be spent developing Analysts and coachees when assigned, participating in practice development and, carrying out routine administrative tasks.
The Associate works in a uniquely collaborative setting and interacts across all internal and client organizational levels including practice, Huron organizational and client leadership. The Associate interacts with practice and Huron organizational leadership. He/she also has exposure to senior leadership at some of the world’s most respected higher education institutions. Huron is big enough to provide Associates a wide range of exposure but small enough to identify and test individual strengths and build upon them through provision of constant challenge in an intense, analytically rigorous, practical, and intellectually stimulating setting. Every individual is additive to who we are as an organization.
• Current permanent U.S. work authorization required
• Bachelor's degree required, MBA is preferred. Combination of degrees such as MBA/Public Policy or MBA/Health Administration are ideal
• A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in consulting, finance, or accounting is preferred within the Higher Education industry
• Willingness and ability to travel every week (Monday-Thursday) on a 60-80% basis annually
• Work extended hours as necessary
Demonstrable areas of specialty should include one or more of the following:
• Business strategy
• Business operations improvement
• Finance and budgeting
• Human resources
• Market research and analytics
• Student lifecycle management
• A proven ability to transform complex business issues into a project framework.
• Experience to independently manage a project or a complex work-steam.
• High degree of resourcefulness; proven skills to take initiative make sound decisions when minimal facts are available.
• Exceptional capability to solve problems in a collaborative, team-oriented setting.
• Intellectual curiosity; the drive to examine the root cause of business issues versus symptoms only.
• Exceptional advanced Excel skills (including modeling and macros).
• Strong presentation and PowerPoint skills; able to convey technical subject matter with ease and impact to non-technical audiences.
• Strong analytical (qualitative and quantitative), financial modeling, and presentation skills.
• Strong executive poise and presence.
• A passion for higher education.
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.