Let’s Get to Work.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers long-term success for our clients. It takes genuine collaboration, deep expertise, and steady focus. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, long-lasting results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us. We are Huron. Let’s get to work.
Sr Software Engineer [.Net]
Job ID: 8361
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Formed in 2002, Huron Consulting Group is a public company listed on the NASDAQ exchange under the symbol “HURN” and stands out as one of the fastest growing financial and operational consulting firms in the industry. With a global reach, we deliver practical business advice and solutions that extend far beyond transactions and which are supported by objective, sustainable and measurable results. We help our clients improve performance, comply with complex regulations, resolve disputes, recover from distress, leverage technology, and stimulate growth. We service a wide variety of both financially sound and distressed organizations including leading academic institutions, healthcare organizations, Fortune 500 companies, medium-sized businesses, and the law firms which represent these various organizations. Primary practice areas are: Health & Education Consulting, Legal Consulting, and Financial Consulting.
Click Commerce, part of the Higher Education & Life Sciences Practice of Huron Consulting Group, focuses on software solutions for research administration and compliance. Click has a track record of successfully implementing grant management and regulatory compliance projects of significant scale and complexity at leading research institutions, academic medical centers and hospitals. Our eResearch Portal is designed to unify multiple research-related business processes into an integrated, comprehensive electronic solution. They are a leader in large-scale deployments with a client list that includes many of the largest National Institutes of Health (NIH)-funded research institutions.
The engineer in this role will participate in all aspects of software development (design, development, testing, maintenance, support) of the business’s Research Administration applications. This is a hands-on development role responsible for design, implementation, and lifecycle management of the products built/configured on the Click Portal platform and used by Huron Clients and Professional Services as the basis for customer specific solution deployments.
• Solution design which will include interactions with Huron Sales and customers to identify high value patterns.
• Designing, developing, testing, releasing, and maintaining software solution configurations for use by Huron Professional Services as the basis of solution deployments.
• Delivering application product (design, code/configuration, documentation, testing, and maintenance) that meets or exceeds the needs of Huron Professional Services and customers in terms of quality, generality/flexibility, functionality, and timeliness.
The qualifications listed below are representative of the academic, leadership, and teamwork requirements
• BS and/or MS in computer science or related field, MS preferred.
• 2-4 years of experience in software product and test development including experience as lead designer and developer in complex system or application software.
• Strong teamwork skills and work ethic
• Ability to work independently or in a group with minimal supervision
This position requires the skills of a software developer. The technologies and experience listed below is representative of the knowledge, skills, technologies and/or abilities required
- Strong computer science skills and experience
- Programming experience; Object-oriented, multi-threaded, n-tier programming in a modern language/environment (.Net, C#, Java, C++)
- Database access technology and database programming; SQL, SQL Server
- Experience with Microsoft Server components: IIS, SQL Server, Windows Server OS, ASP, .Net
- Web application development technologies; HTML, XML, Ajax
- Development and performance testing and tuning of server-based applications
- Experience with Microsoft development environment (Visual Studio, VSS, VSTS)
In addition to the above, development or integration experience with any of the below is desirable:
- PeopleSoft HR - Epic Research
- PeopleSoft Financials- OnCore-CRM
- Oracle Financials- HL7
- HIPAA - CITI
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.