Create Your Future.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers lasting success. It takes a steady focus and genuine collaboration of our teams to support our clients. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, impactful results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us.
Sr. Business Analyst
Job ID: 3810
Category: Healthcare Consulting, Technology
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Imagine sharing your hard-earned technical expertise in the areas of healthcare that really matter. We’re talking innovative, customized software solutions that Huron’s know-how provides across all electronic health record platforms. Huron’s Healthcare software team offers diverse and cutting-edge opportunities thanks to our partnerships with leading national healthcare systems, academic medical centers, community hospitals and physician practices. And by leveraging your technical prowess, you’ll have a hand in building Huron’s next generation of healthcare software tools and provide solutions that effect sustainable, meaningful change. Sounds like a team you can get behind, right?
Join Huron’s world-class Healthcare Software team… and be prepared to hit the ground running.
Let’s get to work – together.
The Sr. Business Analyst will be responsible to:
- Support requirements gathering sessions with clients and other stakeholders by analyzing business and data processes, policies, and systems.
- Translate business requirements into detailed functional and non-functional specifications.
- Capture, expand on, and communicate system requirements to team leads within the Agile development methodology by writing user stories and creating comprehensive acceptance criteria.
- Work closely with the user experience team to drive optimal application design based upon clear market needs.
- Support and provide continual guidance to technical implementation teams on requirements issues and clarification by accepting stories within the iteration.
- Participate and shape the testing activities, including the testing of prototypes and orchestration and sign-off on acceptance test results to ensure design integrity.
- Assist with strategic training, communication and documentation efforts related to the system
- Support project management activities such as providing input into schedule and/or cost management tools, adhering to and contributing to schedule and milestone management activities.
- Eager to learn and attend external and internal training aimed at enhancing support on the project.
- Support Huron’s revenue goals by representing the voice of the customer and end users.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a Business or Systems Analyst on customer facing browser-based applications.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with writing agile requirements, including user stories with comprehensive acceptance criteria.
- Ability to break large user stories or epics down into actionable units of work.
- Ability to think analytically, define problems and frame solutions.
- Ability to understand and interact with technically-oriented team members.
- Ability to interact with internal and external customers to interpret product requirements.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite of products, including Visio, Word, Excel and Power Point
- Experience with Agile development methodologies required.
- Experience in team environments that are diverse in roles and geography
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or comparable work experience in related field
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience defining requirements for healthcare data processing or analytical applications.
- Health care industry software design experience or product management experience
- Experience with agile product management tools i.e. TFS, Rally, JIRA…etc.
- Hospital Information System domain knowledge
- Experience with planning or business development in a healthcare setting a plus
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.