Let’s Get to Work.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers long-term success for our clients. It takes genuine collaboration, deep expertise, and steady focus. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, long-lasting results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us. We are Huron. Let’s get to work.
Software Engineering Manager [.Net]- SF424-Click
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Formed in 2002, Huron Consulting Group is a public company listed on the NASDAQ exchange under the symbol “HURN” and stands out as one of the fastest growing financial and operational consulting firms in the industry. With a global reach, we deliver practical business advice and solutions that extend far beyond transactions and which are supported by objective, sustainable and measurable results. We help our clients improve performance, comply with complex regulations, resolve disputes, recover from distress, leverage technology, and stimulate growth. We service a wide variety of both financially sound and distressed organizations including leading academic institutions, healthcare organizations, Fortune 500 companies, medium-sized businesses, and the law firms which represent these various organizations. Primary practice areas are: Health & Education Consulting, Legal Consulting, and Financial Consulting.
Click Commerce, part of the Higher Education & Life Sciences Practice of Huron Consulting Group, focuses on software solutions for research administration and compliance. Click has a track record of successfully implementing grant management and regulatory compliance projects of significant scale and complexity at leading research institutions, academic medical centers and hospitals. Our eResearch Portal is designed to unify multiple research-related business processes into an integrated, comprehensive electronic solution. They are a leader in large-scale deployments with a client list that includes many of the largest National Institutes of Health (NIH)-funded research institutions.
The engineer in this role will lead a development team in all aspects of software development (design, development, testing, maintenance, support) of the business’s Research Administration applications. This is a hands-on project management and development role responsible for design, implementation, and lifecycle management of the integrated products built/configured on the Click Portal platform and used by Clients and Huron Professional Services as the basis for customer specific solution deployments.
• Solution design which will include interactions with Product Management, Product Advisory Committee and customers to identify high value patterns.
• Designing, developing, testing, releasing, and maintaining software solution configurations for use by Huron Professional Services as the basis of solution deployments.
• Delivering application product (design, code/configuration, documentation, testing, and maintenance) that meets or exceeds the needs of Huron Professional Services and customers in terms of quality, generality/flexibility, functionality, and timeliness.
• Managing development projects, tracking and communicating status, and working with the business to balance resource, time, and scope pressures.
• Partner with Product Management to meet business needs and drive project success.
• Participate in multiple aspects of product development including system and business process design, configuration, test, and production support.
• Proactively identify problems and develop problem-solving approaches and resolve conflicts and issues
• Manage scope and activities to achieve objectives.
• Develop appropriate project plans and estimates for potential and existing customers.
• Coach and mentor junior team members, offering feedback and actively looking for opportunities to develop others.
• Continue to develop skills through experience and by taking advantage of opportunities to attend relevant training sessions, and conferences.
• Develop industry and practice knowledge and share expertise with other team members.
• Facilitates project meetings
• Provides significant design and implementation advice
This position requires the skills of a senior software developer who has experience with and has worked independently with the technologies listed below which are representative of the knowledge, skills, technologies and/or abilities required:
• Strong computer science skills and experience
• Programming experience; Object-oriented, multi-threaded, n-tier programming in a modern language/environment (.Net, C#, Java, C++)
• Database access technology and database programming; SQL, SQL Server
• Experience with Microsoft Server components: IIS, SQL Server, Windows Server OS, ASP, .Net
• Web application development technologies; HTML, XML, Ajax
• Development and performance testing and tuning of server-based applications
• Experience with Microsoft development environment (Visual Studio, VSS, VSTS)
In addition, the qualified candidate will have extensive experience leading a development team and interacting with the broader business.
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.