Let’s Get to Work.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers long-term success for our clients. It takes genuine collaboration, deep expertise, and steady focus. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, long-lasting results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us. We are Huron. Let’s get to work.
Software Development Manager
Job ID: 1486
Category: Healthcare, Technology
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
The Software Development Manager is responsible for the reliable delivery of Huron's MyRounding software based products by establishing, managing and guiding teams of engineers. Agile methodologies and continuous delivery techniques are used throughout. They are responsible for successful (on time, in scope, within budget) delivery of software projects. They will continually monitor and improve the Product Development organization, people, infrastructure, processes, and tools to deliver exceptional support. They will work closely with Sales/Product Management, Client Experience Teams to ensure successful delivery. They will oversee the work of development teams located both onshore and offshore. We are dynamic and driven in a fast-paced environment of multiple deadlines and multiple projects. We are seeking an individual who has a positive attitude. We encourage personal growth through continuing education and training and promote the sharing of ideas and opinions in an open and enthusiastic environment.
• The position is 50% managerial and 50% technical leadership, architecture design and mentoring of the technical staff
• Maintains technical ownership for larger, more complex projects and/or a larger collection of projects.
• Coordinates development planning across multiple projects, including release planning
• Develops and maintains the project plan throughout the project development cycle and is ultimately responsible for on time/budget/scope delivery
• Maintains accountability / sign-off for technical deliverables as well as significant technical decisions such as technology selection.
• Communicate appropriately up and down the management chain.
• Continually develops strategies for improving performance of the team.
• Responsible for technical personnel within the department including managing and developing team members to their highest potential performance level as well as department morale, development resources and tools, staffing actions (hiring and disciplinary) and compensation (promotions).
• Oversees and drives the creation of feature and project estimates and timelines in accordance with established agile practice.
• Contributes to development and implementation of product, platform and technology strategies.
• Participates in code reviews and acceptance process in order to improve methodology and delivery.
• Collaborates with Customer Experience team to ensure customer expectations are exceeded.
• Experience building, implementing, and/or refining a software development lifecycle.
• Capable of taking on and delivering project deliverables with limited guidance from senior management.
• Ability to anticipate problems and issues, and effectively resolve them.
• Understand the impact of new projects on other areas and has the ability to evaluative availability of resources.
• Very proficient in Agile Tools JIRA, TFS, Trello and/or Rally (will fill the role of Scrum Master)
• Possess excellent mentoring, leadership, time management and project management skills.
• Fluent with object-oriented concepts and design pattern knowledge.
• Experience troubleshooting production problems and working with a team to resolve data source processing issues
• Familiarity with healthcare data and terminology a plus
• Has experience working in new product development setting under an Agile Methodology
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science preferred or comparable work experience in related fields. (Required)
• Minimum 5-7 years of prior leadership experience
• Minimum 5-7 years’ prior development experience
• Minimum of 3 years’ Agile leadership experience
• Offshore team management experience strongly preferred
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.