Create Your Future.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers lasting success. It takes a steady focus and genuine collaboration of our teams to support our clients. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, impactful results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us.
Senior Tax Associate, Chicago
Job ID: 4700
Category: Corporate - Finance/Accounting
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Some equations prove quite simple: Join a high-growth company and you will enjoy abundant opportunities to shape the industry in unique, concrete ways. Huron’s corporate team members collaborate with the business to extend their wealth of knowledge and expertise across a vast arena: Human Resources, Marketing, Finance, Technology, Legal, and Facilities. From strategy to execution they partner with the business to solve today’s business challenges and plan for our future. It’s a vital evolutionary circle…one that explains why we profoundly value our corporate team—and why we seek out only the most committed individuals.
If you’re aiming to maximize your potential, Huron will put a roadmap in your capable hands and say, simply, drive. You already possess the passion and expertise to achieve greatness. Now let us help get you there.
Real-world visibility. Top-notch opportunities. First-rate recognition.
The Senior Tax Associate will be an active member of the Corporate Tax Team, supporting the federal, state and local tax compliance functions, as well as assisting with various projects. This will be a visible position within the organization with regular contact with other departments.
We are looking for an individual who is smart, diligent, organized, self-motivated and excited to broaden his/her tax experience. The Senior Tax Associate will be reporting to the Tax Manager and will sit in the Chicago office.
• Assist with all federal, state and local tax compliance (i.e. income, franchise, gross receipts, sales and use, property, lease, etc.);
• Monitor fixed assets, including maintaining new assets and tax depreciation schedules;
• Prepare state and local apportionment data for income tax returns and quarterly estimates;
• Correspond directly with state and local governments to resolve tax and business issues;
• Assist with state and local tax audits;
• Oversee the Company’s tax compliance calendar;
• Assist with ASC 740 annual and quarterly income tax provision process;
• Assist Tax Team with special projects;
• Provide on-going development, motivation and technical training to Tax Analyst;
• Actively contribute to team discussions and meetings;
• Stay current on federal, state, and local tax law changes by attending tax seminars, webinars, and reading tax articles.
• 4+ years of Public Accounting and/or corporate tax experience required;
• CPA required;
• Bachelor's degree required;
• Advanced tax degree a plus;
• Strong technical federal, state and local tax and international expertise;
• Possess high degree of accuracy, integrity, and attention to detail;
• Strong organizational and time management skills, including ability to work independently under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously from multiple team members;
• Strong communication skills;
• Intermediate-to-advanced experience with Microsoft Excel;
• Proficient with other Microsoft Office products;
• Ability to work in a team environment;
• Intellectual curiosity and eagerness to learn.
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.