Let’s Get to Work.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers long-term success for our clients. It takes genuine collaboration, deep expertise, and steady focus. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, long-lasting results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us. We are Huron. Let’s get to work.
Senior Software Engineer
Job ID: 2699
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
The Sr. Software Developer will be responsible for developing detailed, complex technical solutions to support and enhance our Healthcare websites using a variety of software applications, techniques, tools, and scripting languages. We value individuals who are resourceful problem solvers, craft clean and optimized code, use industry standard practices, are well-organized and are committed to doing things right. We are dynamic and driven in a fast-paced environment of multiple deadlines and multiple projects. We are seeking an individual who has a positive attitude.. We encourage personal growth through continuing education and training and promote the sharing of ideas and opinions in an open and enthusiastic environment.
• Minimum 5 years professional experience in software development building application
• Deep PHP coding experience
• Self-Starter and can work independently on projects / assignments
• Expert knowledge of backend technologies such as: MySQL, nix, Python, SOAP/REST, and web services
frameworks such as Ember or Angular JS
• Fluent with object-oriented concepts and design pattern knowledge.
• Expertise and adaptability integrating with common APIs
• Experience communicating with team members via chat and tickets and comfort communicating with non-technical
• Detail-oriented through active engagement in review processes with a commitment to producing very high quality
• Working knowledge of source control and branching
• Applied understanding of performance optimization in web development
• Focused on creating and updating scalable code libraries and in creating efficiencies
• Familiarity with web app authentication protocol
• Working knowledge of *nix server configuration and troubleshooting
• Experience participating in a rotating on-call as part of a development team
• Experience troubleshooting production problems and working with a team to resolve data source processing issues
• Has experience working in new product development setting under an Agile Methodology
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.