Create Your Future.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers lasting success. It takes a steady focus and genuine collaboration of our teams to support our clients. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, impactful results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us.
Senior HR Manager, Chicago
Job ID: 4537
Category: Corporate - Human Resources
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Some equations prove quite simple: Join a high-growth company and you will enjoy abundant opportunities to shape the industry in unique, concrete ways. Huron’s corporate team members collaborate with the business to extend their wealth of knowledge and expertise across a vast arena: Human Resources, Marketing, Finance, Technology, Legal, and Facilities. From strategy to execution they partner with the business to solve today’s business challenges and plan for our future. It’s a vital evolutionary circle…one that explains why we profoundly value our corporate team—and why we seek out only the most committed individuals.
If you’re aiming to maximize your potential, Huron will put a roadmap in your capable hands and say, simply, drive. You already possess the passion and expertise to achieve greatness. Now let us help get you there.
Real-world visibility. Top-notch opportunities. First-rate recognition.
This position serves as a Senior Human Resources Manager to a diverse and large consulting segment within the Healthcare practice. The incumbent will provide strategic HR partnership, direction, and consultation to leadership while working closely with the HRBP Leader for Healthcare. He or she will be accountable for supporting the overall needs of the segment.
The Senior HR Manager will play a highly visible role and serve as a key member of the segment’s leadership team. He or she will have primary responsibility for the integration, development, engagement, and retention of employees within the segment.
• Provide strategic advice, and tactical support, counsel and consultative solutions to segment leads on the people-management aspects of their business.
• Drive organization development, team effectiveness and employee engagement solutions that improve business performance.
• Collaborate and consult on the design and delivery of HR programs with the COEs to deliver effective solutions to the business; put HR strategies into action.
• Acquire and maintain in-depth knowledge of the practice and segment business plans and model including, but not limited to the workforce plan, budget, and service offerings.
• Drive execution of annual HR processes/programs within the segment: Performance management, talent assessment and reviews, individual development planning, and merit and promotion cycle.
• Partner with the HRBP Leader to ensure business solutions are executed in a proactive manner, work with various leaders within the business to partner on all Human Capital issues.
• Take an active role in the execution of other cross practice HR duties such as lead on various workstreams and implementation of HR projects.
• At times may be required to provide tactical support in the day-to-day operations of the business.
Critical experience includes:
• 7+ Years of HR experience, with extensive business partner experience
• Experience working within a consulting environment or professional services is highly preferred. Healthcare consulting industry experience is also highly preferred.
• Prior experience leading change efforts within a fast-paced, matrix environment, geographically dispersed business unit, with rapidly shifting skills/capabilities required.
• Organization and team development experience; strong history of delivering solutions and strategies for solving hard business problems.
Core Competencies/Attributes for Success
Successful candidate must possess:
• Change management, organization design and development and team effectiveness.
• Exceptional people skills, including the ability to work effectively with a wide group of stakeholders.
• Ability to lead business leads who are working in a highly complex market.
• Ability to support a dynamic and geographically dispersed business unit.
• Strong credibility as an HR advisor to all levels.
• Ability to work actively on practice-wide projects.
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.