Create Your Future.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers lasting success. It takes a steady focus and genuine collaboration of our teams to support our clients. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, impactful results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us.
Senior Counsel, Chicago
Job ID: 4306
Category: Corporate - Legal
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Some equations prove quite simple: Join a high-growth company and you will enjoy abundant opportunities to shape the industry in unique, concrete ways. Huron’s corporate team members collaborate with the business to extend their wealth of knowledge and expertise across a vast arena: Human Resources, Marketing, Finance, Technology, Legal, and Facilities. From strategy to execution they partner with the business to solve today’s business challenges and plan for our future. It’s a vital evolutionary circle…one that explains why we profoundly value our corporate team—and why we seek out only the most committed individuals.
If you’re aiming to maximize your potential, Huron will put a roadmap in your capable hands and say, simply, drive. You already possess the passion and expertise to achieve greatness. Now let us help get you there.
Real-world visibility. Top-notch opportunities. First-rate recognition.
Huron has an immediate need for an attorney with direct experience in transactional work, preferably in an in-house environment, with primary emphasis on drafting and negotiating contracts with clients, prospective clients, vendors, and various other third parties. The position will report to the Associate General Counsel and be part of a dynamic Legal Team. Candidate must have excellent communication and writing skills, effective negotiation ability, outstanding business and analytical judgment, and a strong sense of inclusion and teamwork.
The responsibilities for this role will include:
• Responsible for the entire client contracting cycle, from initial draft to finalization and signature, driving contract negotiations to timely and successful completion to arrive at balanced solutions.
• Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements including commercial contracts, consultant agreements, engagement letters, variations and addendums, service/support agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and RFPs.
• Drafting and negotiating software as a service agreements (SaaS), software licensing agreements and professional services agreements, handling IP issues.
• Establishing thorough knowledge of Company healthcare practice and healthcare related contracts, knowledge of typical negotiation positions, and the ability to articulate and negotiate company positions persuasively.
• Demonstrate a solid knowledge of contract law (including HIPAA regulations) as it applies to Company healthcare consulting services agreements.
• Foster collaborative working relationships with managing directors, internal business clients and executives, company clients and the various corporate departments.
• Demonstrate an expert knowledge of the Business Associate Agreement component of HIPAA, and other compliance issues in the contract documents.
• Develop and administer internal processes to assist managing directors in ensuring Healthcare practice is compliant with contract provisions.
• Superb attention to detail and the ability to provide timely legal support in a fast-paced practice environment
• High level of professionalism and outstanding business judgment requiring minimal supervision.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate comfortably at all seniority levels among our internal clients
• Highly motivated, strategic, detail-oriented approach with the ability to pro-actively organize a heavy workload and demonstrate excellent analytical abilities
• Ability to work quickly and independently, with minimal supervision
• Admitted to the Bar (IL preferred)
• Undergraduate and law degree required
• A minimum of 5 - 10 years of contracting, law firm transactional or in-house experience, healthcare field preferred
• Software/SaaS experience required
• Healthcare compliance experience preferred
• Experience reviewing and drafting contracts required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Outlook) is essential.
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.