Create Your Future.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers lasting success. It takes a steady focus and genuine collaboration of our teams to support our clients. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, impactful results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us.
Senior Consultant, Life Sciences Market Access
Category: Life Sciences Consulting
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United Kingdom
State: Greater London
Job Type: Full-time Salary
We are hiring a Senior Consultant to join Pope Woodhead, a part of Huron Consulting Group’s Life Sciences practice.
Pope Woodhead is a leading provider of strategic consulting and integrated solutions to pharmaceutical companies. Our 30 plus years’ experience of working with leading global companies informs our innovative thinking and collaborative approach. Our consulting services cover strategic market access and payer engagement, regulatory and risk management and capability building within pharma.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
• Define, document and deliver projects: present PW's purpose and capabilities to clients, negotiate business and write proposals, and scope, plan and lead major engagements including personal and team workloads, project status, resource requirements and budget
• Client account development: maximise new work opportunities (project development and new leads), lead and contribute to sales activities.
• Practice development: work with leadership to provide thought leadership and innovative practice offerings, and represent Practice on relevant industry bodies or present at conferences
• Team management and development: Delivery team management, identifying and supporting training and development needs
• Analytical and editorial skills: ability to analyse and interpret scientific data, research and write structured reports, write to different styles, audiences and vehicles, edit others work
• Consulting skills: ability to reduce complex information into simple, actionable frameworks; ability to innovate and develop new solutions
• Organisational skills: ability to prioritise own and team workloads; work to deadlines and under pressure
• Communication and interpersonal skills: ability to work in multiple teams or alone; communicate with people at all levels; negotiate and lead; present and deliver with clarity and confidence
• Project management skills: ability to bring about successful completion of specific goals and objectives whilst adhering to project constraints of scope, time and budget on major multi-component work projects
• Account management skills: ability to develop a working relationship with senior client contacts to maximise new work opportunities
KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE:
• Pharmacological, sciences or business degree
• Minimum of six years pharmaceutical consultancy or healthcare agency work experience
• Proven project delivery, business development and new service offering development capabilities for consulting or agency assignments for pharmaceutical/healthcare industry sector clients
• Proven consulting, project/account management and editorial capabilities
• Commercial acumen
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.