Let’s Get to Work.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers long-term success for our clients. It takes genuine collaboration, deep expertise, and steady focus. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, long-lasting results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us. We are Huron. Let’s get to work.
Senior Business Analyst
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
The Senior Business Analyst enables change in an organizational context by defining needs and recommending solutions. Responsible for analysis of complex business system problems to be solved with automated systems. Provides support in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures that meet user requirements. Configures system settings and options, plans and executes unit, integration and acceptance testing and creates specifications for systems to meet business requirements. May provide consultation to users in the area of automated systems and assess available technology and recommend solutions. Defines specifications and data models for product development and testing and uses development specifications to create detailed test cases and analyze results. Working under limited supervision independently or as a member of a project team in Huron's Corporate IT PMO team, the Senior Business Analyst has accountability for the strategic planning and overall quality of the implemented solutions across Huron’s corporate groups and practice areas that will deliver value and achieve business objectives.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, business or a related field from an accredited university or institution or equivalent work experience.
• 3+ years of experience as a Business Analyst.
• 3+ years of experience in an IT Role.
• Experience working on multiple project types (i.e. commercial off the shelf, new development, and enhancements/support).
• Experience working in multiple business areas within a company.
• Experience writing unambiguous verified to a testable level requirements.
• Competent analytical skills and business acumen; analytical thinking, problem solving and quantitative abilities; detail oriented, committed to a high level of accuracy; track record of managing multiple projects concurrently.
• Excellent organizational, time-management and meeting facilitation skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Proficient knowledge of key concepts and processes within the Software Development Life Cycle including Agile and Waterfall methodologies as well as process and workflow management.
• Knowledge of technology networks, database, communications, internet, system interfaces, data integration, and operating systems.
• Ability to adapt quickly to new and changing business and technical environments.
• Advanced skills using Microsoft Excel & Word. Basic skills/familiarity with other Microsoft business products (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Visio) required.
• Strong communication skills (oral and written) with a wide range of audiences (technical and non-technical, staff and managerial), interpersonal, organizational and in a wide range of settings (e.g., one-on-one, small group, in person, conference calls and via e-mail).
• Understanding of the concepts of data and object models along with relationships and hierarchy.
• Practical experience using Salesforce CRM, SharePoint, SQL Reporting Services, Microsoft Analysis Services, Scrum or Kanban is desired, but not required.
• Knowledge of BABOK and CCBA, CBAP, PMI-PBA, PMP, or CSM certifications preferred but not required.
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.