Let’s Get to Work.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers long-term success for our clients. It takes genuine collaboration, deep expertise, and steady focus. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, long-lasting results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us. We are Huron. Let’s get to work.
Job ID: 2846
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
The Huron Security Engineer is responsible for system log review, initial setup of enterprise monitoring, and all aspects of physical security. As part of the Security team, they will work closely with other engineers on complex security issues. The Security Engineer will be the initial contact for most security related issues received by the Service Desk ticket system. This role contributes to the overall security posture at Huron and reports on issues that put Huron and our clients at risk. This role follows standard practices and procedures, as defined by Huron, in analyzing situations or data.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Review security alerts or events as they come in, resolve issues when possible, and escalate as needed
• Maintain the DVR and IP camera environment; participate in the design of new office build outs to provide guidance on physical security requirements based on Huron policies.
• Act as first response to any security tickets escalated from Huron’s service desk.
• Based on documented procedures, perform moves, adds, and changes to Huron’s enterprise monitoring solution; Nagios XI.
• Participate in the review of Sarbanes Oxley required security reports. Provide management level summary reports on a daily basis for review on these reports.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING:
• Ability to work on assignments of limited scope by following standard practices and procedures.
• Ability to apply general instructions on routine work and ability to apply detailed instruction on new work to complete tasks with supervision.
• Basic communication skills
• Experience with Microsoft event and security log review
BASIC CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS:
• Basic SIEM experience with a focus on log correlation and analysis
• Familiarity with security assessment tools and concepts
• Foundational knowledge or understanding of concepts for domain structures
• Foundational knowledge of at least one operating system including basic threats or security constructs
• Familiarity with multiple programming languages such as PHP, Perl, Java, Python, Ruby, HTML5, and PowerShell
• 2-4 years in an enterprise environment with a focus on security technologies
• Information Security certifications; Security+, Network+, or CCNA Security nice to have
• Associate degree or equivalent work experience
• Basic skills in Microsoft Active Directory
• Understanding of log review and event correlation
• Current permanent U.S. work authorization required
• Job is located in Chicago, Illinois
• Travel for this position is expected to be 0-10%
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.