Create Your Future.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers lasting success. It takes a steady focus and genuine collaboration of our teams to support our clients. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, impactful results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us.
Sales Enablement RFP Proposal Specialist-Chicago
Job ID: 3756
Category: Corporate - Marketing
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Some equations prove quite simple: Join a high-growth company and you will enjoy abundant opportunities to shape the industry in unique, concrete ways. Huron’s corporate team members collaborate with the business to extend their wealth of knowledge and expertise across a vast arena: Human Resources, Marketing, Finance, Technology, Legal, and Facilities. From strategy to execution they partner with the business to solve today’s business challenges and plan for our future. It’s a vital evolutionary circle…one that explains why we profoundly value our corporate team—and why we seek out only the most committed individuals.
If you’re aiming to maximize your potential, Huron will put a roadmap in your capable hands and say, simply, drive. You already possess the passion and expertise to achieve greatness. Now let us help get you there.
Real-world visibility. Top-notch opportunities. First-rate recognition.
Let’s get to work - together.
The purpose of this role is to assist business leaders in their sales efforts by driving preparation of all content development during the sales process. This individual will act as a partner to business leaders, look for ways to improve overall quality, gain alignment and accountability, and ensure deliverables are on time and of the highest quality.
With a primary focus on supporting the proposal development process in response to RFI/RFPs, this individual will seek to develop approaches to streamline the process, improve overall workflow, and leverage other resources when appropriate (shared service team, bench or contractors). This person will be a driver of the overall process – gaining alignment and buy-in of team members, ensuring clarity of responsibilities, and escalating when appropriate. In addition, this individual will work across the practice to secure content and ensure it is tagged correctly and loaded into the technology platform for broader practice utilization.
The team also looks to this individual to gather feedback on responses and content, improve processes/actions based on feedback, updated where needed, implement new ideas, and help in developing additional sales enablement tools for the assigned practice. This person will be asked to train and mentor other team members in best practices and new processes.
• Support the daily sales content needs for the practice, with particular emphasis on developing proposals. This role is responsible for assembling the cross functional team (working closely with lead MD) and driving the process for assignment of responsibilities including the timeline by work product and for executive review. This individual will serve as the interface to corporate functions (i.e. Legal) to ensure necessary information gathering and reviews are completed. Lastly, this individual will be responsible for assembling and proof reading the final product to ensure delivery of a professional proposal including final review of all formatting and brand related items.
• Responsible for becoming highly familiar with solutions and key resources for assigned practice and serves as interface to broader enablement team to share suggested sales asset opportunities (presentation, sales sheet, playbook, etc), feedback, trends and coordinate updates.
• Responsible for ensuring all proposal response content is identified with proper content owner, tagged to enable intuitive categorization and uploaded to the content management system. In addition, the role is responsible for developing content review/update cycle to ensure overall accuracy and relevancy.
• Contribute to the rollout of the new asset management system. Included in this responsibility will be co-leading training sessions, developing tools, gathering input for continuous improvement and driving adoption of use of tool and adherence to content update cadence.
• Review the content management scorecard and statistics for assigned practice and make necessary recommendations to further help client facing resources be successful.
Related Experience & Core Competencies
• Demonstrated ability to serve as a proposal development leader and overall driver of the process (assign responsibilities, lead timeline, manage action item register, develop risk mitigation plan, establish executive updates/escalation, leverage shared resources), resulting in on time, quality deliverables.
• Strong executive presence and ability to navigate different leadership styles and availability.
• Rigorous attention to detail and focus on quality of deliverables.
• Strong negotiation skills, proven consensus builder, and strong ability to build relationships with leaders.
• Strong writing and editing skills. Includes deep understanding of how to leverage MS formatting and editing capabilities.
• Demonstrated experience as self-starter with limited need for supervision with ability to take complex issues and tease apart for phased execution.
• Strong computer skills, with proficiency in MS Office.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in b to b firm. Previous experience with Proposal development and tools is highly desired.
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.