Create Your Future.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers lasting success. It takes a steady focus and genuine collaboration of our teams to support our clients. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, impactful results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us.
Resource Management Analyst, Chicago
Job ID: 4333
Category: Corporate - Operations
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Some equations prove quite simple: Join a high-growth company and you will enjoy abundant opportunities to shape the industry in unique, concrete ways. Huron’s corporate team members collaborate with the business to extend their wealth of knowledge and expertise across a vast arena: Human Resources, Marketing, Finance, Technology, Legal, and Facilities. From strategy to execution they partner with the business to solve today’s business challenges and plan for our future. It’s a vital evolutionary circle…one that explains why we profoundly value our corporate team—and why we seek out only the most committed individuals.
If you’re aiming to maximize your potential, Huron will put a roadmap in your capable hands and say, simply, drive. You already possess the passion and expertise to achieve greatness. Now let us help get you there.
Real-world visibility. Top-notch opportunities. First-rate recognition.
The Resource Management (RM) Support Tools and Reporting Analyst is responsible for a broad range of activities required to support resource management of all consulting staff across the Healthcare Practice. The RM Analyst is expected to operate with independence and initiative and to work interactively and collaboratively with the RM team, field leadership, Operations, Human Resources (HR), Learning and Organization Development (L&OD), Capability Advancement and Client Services leadership to fulfill the objectives of the role.
• Maintain staffing software/reporting and coordinate with other areas to ensure data is updated appropriately for assigned areas; produce and distribute practice wide reporting
• Assist with capacity model projections; work with RMBP (Resource Management Business Partner) to ensure all assignment changes (demand) are captured timely; maintain a comprehensive log of all resource changes (terms, leaves, hires, etc.); summarize capacity models into working documents
• Coordinate overall staffing assignments for newly hired analysts for assigned areas; understand project demand for new hires and match with resource availability, background and experience.
• Establish and maintain credibility with practice/solution and internal teams to facilitate ongoing relationships and service delivery efforts
• Develop and maintain understanding of business unit offerings to ensure better matching of skill sets and project needs
• Maintain discretion at all times with confidential and sensitive information
• Work with Client Services leadership and field leadership to configure teams to conduct opportunity assessments and solution evaluations; work with RMBP to support overall process and make initial recommendations for assigned areas and eventually own this process
• Assist with managing primary staffing assignments for assigned areas
• Effectively team and communicate with HR, Operations, Recruiting, L&OD and other Resource Managers across the company
• Coordinate activities of unassigned field consulting resources during periods between permanent project assignments; work with RMBP to support overall process and make initial recommendations and eventually own this process for assigned areas
• Support internal RM process improvement efforts as needed (e.g., creating more streamlined analyses in Excel, methodology development, SharePoint development)
• Participate in components of performance management process with HR to help ensure consistent understanding of development needs of employees
• Strong performance in achieving a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent specializing in human resource management, business administration or other analytical discipline
• 1-3 years of relevant experience
• Exceptional client service skills and ability to proactively work with leadership to address challenges
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to learn quickly, work independently and meet deadlines.
• Ability to evaluate competing demands and arrive at a solution
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel. High degree of comfort using computer software and other Microsoft business products (Word, PowerPoint, Office).
• Strong Excel and analytical skills to help enhance reporting processes and create efficiencies
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.