Create Your Future.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers lasting success. It takes a steady focus and genuine collaboration of our teams to support our clients. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, impactful results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us.
Research Project Consultant (Temporary, Project Based Opportunities)
Category: Higher Education Consulting
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Contractor
Our Research Enterprise Solutions team works with hospitals, universities, cancer centers and research institutions and helps these organizations improve every aspect of research administration performance through transformative change. As part of the Research Services team, you will work with leading physician/scientists, administrators, and other professionals connected to the healthcare, university, and life sciences industries on a variety of projects in strategic planning, finance, operations, technology, and compliance.
Our legacy is rooted in the industry – bringing an unmatched level of expertise and experience in higher education, healthcare, and academic medicine. Yet we challenge the status quo and empower our clients to think more deeply about the future. From vision to execution, we enable our clients to identify and realize unique opportunities to drive higher levels of performance and impact.
At Huron we provide flexible, scalable, and configurable solutions to streamline workflow and relieve administrative burden to free up time for what matters most – the research mission. Let's get to work – together.
What are Project Consultants?
Project consultants are industry experts interested in short and long-term contracts and/or interim staffing opportunities focused in Grants and Contract Management, Research Compliance, Risk Mitigation, Research Software Solutions, Research Administration Transformation, IRB, Clinical Trials and optimizing Clinical Research Operations.
Project length, location and responsibilities will vary depending on the assignment.
Our Research Enterprise and Software solutions improve every aspect of research administration performance. We have built our expertise by working with more than 90 of the top 100 U.S. research universities, non-profit research institutions, academic medical centers nationwide, the nation’s top hospitals, and dozens of clients globally, bringing best practices and thought-leadership to the unique environment of research. Our solutions and deep expertise enable clients to more effectively manage the business of research through the following services.
• Current permanent U.S. work authorization
• Bachelor's degree required in Public Policy, Healthcare Administration, or Business
• Minimum of 5 years of experience working in, or with, an administrative/ business office of a university, hospital, or research institute
• Willingness and ability to travel every week (Monday-Thursday)
Preferred skills include:
• Relevant experience working on complex team-based engagements in a consulting organization or institution, focused on driving change for results.
• Advanced degree in Healthcare Administration/Business Administration (MHA, MPH, and MBA similar) or related field
• Clinical Research Nursing experience
• Experience in clinical research coordination, management, nursing, billing, administration, or study monitoring
• Knowledge of federal regulations related to grants and contracts, clinical research, human subject’s protection, and/or Good Clinical Practices
• Prior experience in grants and contracts administration, performing strategic organizational assessments
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.