Let’s Get to Work.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers long-term success for our clients. It takes genuine collaboration, deep expertise, and steady focus. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, long-lasting results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us. We are Huron. Let’s get to work.
Research Associate (Compliance)
Category: Higher Education
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Job Practice Description:
Huron Education has the world’s largest practice dedicated to serving the higher education industry. Our team of professionals, each with extensive knowledge and experience in the business of higher education and academic medical centers, delivers comprehensive services to the industry and partners with institutions to improve business performance across the enterprise. Our professionals draw from their experience working across various technology solutions, as well as strategic, financial, operational, and regulatory aspects of higher education to develop and implement the most effective solutions. Huron Education has worked with over 400 universities, academic medical centers, and research institutions to improve performance so they can continue their traditions of extraordinary achievement. The Huron Education team provides solutions across the following segments: Strategy and Operations, Research and Technology.
A Huron Consulting Associate plays an integral client-facing project or work-stream leadership role on projects. Types of Research Enterprise Solutions Services projects can include (but are not limited to): research administration assessments, research compliance assessments, interim staffing and research system implementations. The Associate can expect his/her contributions to have material impact upon the ultimate client deliverable(s).
• Current permanent U.S. work authorization required
• Bachelor's degree required in Public Policy, Healthcare Administration or business
• Advanced degree in Healthcare Administration/Business Administration (MHA, MPH, and MBA similar) or related field is preferred
• A minimum of 3 years work experience in clinical research, healthcare, or compliance, and/or experience in the consulting field; grants management experience a plus.
• Strong experience in financial modeling and heavy data analysis
• Willingness and ability to travel every week (Monday-Thursday); or annually on a 60-80% basis
• Work extended hours as necessary
• Evidence of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Visio (or other process mapping program)
Preferred skills include:
• Knowledge of federal regulations related to grants administration and research compliance;
• Experience with SQL, Python, R, or other relevant languages
• Recent consulting experience in a team-based professional services firm environment or progressive industry employer
• Experience working in an administrative/ business office of a university, hospital, or research institute; OR
• Supervisory experience and proven ability to capitalize on a diverse group of professional skills and personalities in a team environment, including coaching, mentorship and performance management
• Strong attention to detail and proven data/analytical skills (including problem solving, quantitative reasoning and workflow mapping) to develop analysis and create a solution that drives measurable desired results and maintains client and team satisfaction
• Solid written and documentation skills and attention to detail to create and edit internal and client deliverables that are succinct, articulate and meet Huron’s standards of quality
Huron Consulting Group stands out as one of the fastest growing financial and operational consulting firms in the industry serving clients in the healthcare, education, life sciences, and business sectors. Huron helps clients improve performance, transform the enterprise, reduce costs, leverage technology, process and review large amounts of complex data, address regulatory issues, recover from distress and stimulate growth. Our professionals employ their expertise in finance, operations, strategy and technology to provide our clients with specialized analyses and customized solutions that are tailored to address each client’s particular challenges and opportunities to deliver sustainable and measurable results.
At Huron, we know our legacy is dependent on our greatest asset, our people. We understand that when you are considering your next career opportunity, you are assessing how you can make the biggest impact and be challenged with the most rewarding work. Huron’s entrepreneurial spirit is captured in our values based culture. Simply, it’s an unwavering commitment to always do the right thing by its clients, people, shareholders and communities. Huron’s core values – integrity, pursuit of excellence, accountability, collaboration, passion - capture the essence of who we are, how employees interact with others, and how business is conducted. In doing so, our shared values promise alignment of actions, incentives and true results. It’s the Huron way.
What will your legacy be?