Let’s Get to Work.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers long-term success for our clients. It takes genuine collaboration, deep expertise, and steady focus. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, long-lasting results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us. We are Huron. Let’s get to work.
Research Associate (Compliance)
Category: Higher Education
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Huron Education has the world’s largest practice dedicated to serving the higher education industry. Our team of professionals, each with extensive knowledge and experience in the business of higher education and academic medical centers, delivers comprehensive services to the industry and partners with institutions to improve business performance across the enterprise. Our professionals draw from their experience working across various technology solutions, as well as strategic, financial, operational, and regulatory aspects of higher education to develop and implement the most effective solutions. Huron Education has worked with over 400 universities, academic medical centers, and research institutions to improve performance so they can continue their traditions of extraordinary achievement. The Huron Education team provides solutions across the following segments: Strategy and Operations, Research and Technology.
A Huron Consulting Associate plays an integral client-facing project or work-stream leadership role on projects. Types of Research Enterprise Solutions Services projects can include (but are not limited to): research administration assessments, research compliance assessments, interim staffing and research system implementations. The Associate can expect his/her contributions to have material impact upon the ultimate client deliverable(s).
• Current permanent U.S. work authorization required
• Bachelor's degree required in Public Policy, Healthcare Administration or business
• Advanced degree in Healthcare Administration/Business Administration (MHA, MPH, and MBA similar) or related field is preferred
• A minimum of 3 years work experience in clinical research, healthcare, or compliance, and/or experience in the consulting field; grants management experience a plus.
• Strong experience in financial modeling and heavy data analysis
• Willingness and ability to travel every week (Monday-Thursday); or annually on a 60-80% basis
• Work extended hours as necessary
• Evidence of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Visio (or other process mapping program)
Preferred skills include:
• Knowledge of federal regulations related to grants administration and research compliance;
• Experience with SQL, Python, R, or other relevant languages
• Recent consulting experience in a team-based professional services firm environment or progressive industry employer
• Experience working in an administrative/ business office of a university, hospital, or research institute; OR
• Supervisory experience and proven ability to capitalize on a diverse group of professional skills and personalities in a team environment, including coaching, mentorship and performance management
• Strong attention to detail and proven data/analytical skills (including problem solving, quantitative reasoning and workflow mapping) to develop analysis and create a solution that drives measurable desired results and maintains client and team satisfaction
• Solid written and documentation skills and attention to detail to create and edit internal and client deliverables that are succinct, articulate and meet Huron’s standards of quality
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.