Create Your Future.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers lasting success. It takes a steady focus and genuine collaboration of our teams to support our clients. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, impactful results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us.
Quality Assurance (QA) Lead
Category: Higher Education Consulting, Technology
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Our Research Enterprise Solutions team works with hospitals, universities, cancer centers and research institutions and helps these organizations improve every aspect of research administration performance through transformative change. As part of the Research Services team, you will work with leading physician/scientists, administrators, and other professionals connected to the healthcare, university and life sciences industries on a variety of projects in strategic planning, finance, operations, technology and compliance.
Our legacy is rooted in the industry – bringing an unmatched level of expertise and experience in higher education, healthcare, and academic medicine. Yet we challenge the status quo and empower our clients to think more deeply about the future. From vision to execution, we enable our clients to identify and realize unique opportunities to drive higher levels of performance and impact.
At Huron we provide flexible, scalable and configurable solutions to streamline workflow and relieve administrative burden to free up time for what matters most – the research mission.
As a QA Lead, you will work with the local engineering and offshore QA teams to coordinate processes and disciplines that assure the product quality required to achieve high client satisfaction.
In this position, some of your key responsibilities will be developing, managing, and deploying the overall product quality assurance strategy; leading and directing a team responsible for implementing and executing the strategy efficiently; creating, maintaining, and executing test cases for multiple products/versions (both manual and automated); reviewing and determining priorities for the QA team; collaborating within an agile environment, including providing actionable feedback to the engineering team about opportunities to reduce/eliminate defects; and communicating project status.
You’ll be part of the Huron Higher Education team with opportunities to collaborate, learn and grow while impacting some of the most prestigious higher education and research institutions.
Let’s get to work – together.
- U.S. work authorization is required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field), OR equivalent years of QA experience
- 6 or more years of QA experience, strong web testing experience, including both manual and automated testing and working knowledge of QA best practices and processes
- 3 or more years of experience as a QA Lead with both project and people leadership responsibilities
- Expertise in one or more automation tools where experience with HP UFT is preferred
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal communication and project management skills a must
- Proven experience with developing, maintaining, strategizing and executing test plans for requirement/user story validation, integration, regression, performance and usability testing
- Previous experience building or leading an offshore QA team
- Knowledgeable and experienced in an Agile environment
- Able to ensure proper tracking, oversight, and communication of QA efforts on each project
- Strong analytical skills and experience with implementation and administration of Software Quality Assurance metrics
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.