Let’s Get to Work.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers long-term success for our clients. It takes genuine collaboration, deep expertise, and steady focus. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, long-lasting results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us. We are Huron. Let’s get to work.
Technology Project Manager (Midwest or East Coast)
Category: Business Advisory, Technology
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
About Huron’s Enterprise Solutions & Analytics Practice
Huron’s Enterprise Solutions and Analytics practice delivers solutions that help organizations manage and optimize their financial performance, operational efficiency, and client experience. With expertise in full-service enterprise performance management, business analytics, CRM, and big data professional services, Huron helps global clients across industries drive results and gain competitive advantage. Our comprehensive offerings include organizational improvements and software consulting leveraging both cloud and on-premise configurations. Huron is a Platinum level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) and a Gold level partner of the Salesforce.com partner network.
The Project Manager will work closely with the Engagement Director/Program Manager, to manage scope, cost and schedule. The role will require the associate to work with project teams to ensure project governance and methodology is implemented and followed, including planning, change control and risk management. The associate will manage and provide guidance to project resources on a daily basis, and will work with the client to provide a view of not only current status, but also longer-term objectives.
The PM will work with diverse project teams of up to 20 delivery consultants/developers, on implementations lasting anywhere from three months to two years.
• Ability to effectively manage a project throughout its lifecycle, from initiation to deploy
• Creation and management of project schedules, including MS Project Plans
• Creation of status reports for Steering Committee meetings to facilitate decision making
• Daily management of project resources, which may include client resources
• Daily management and escalation of project control processes, including task management, RAID, scope/change control and quality control
• Project budgeting and liaison with Engagement Manager and Accounting to provide analysis, raise risks and to complete timely invoicing
• Assist with functional on-boarding new project staff, providing instruction on project processes & tools
• Assist with internal initiatives, including improving current project methodology and templates
Key Personal skills:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Support teamwork and collaboration
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight timelines
• Ability to coordinate activities across multiple work streams
• Work with minimal supervision
• Logical thinker and problem solver
• Ability to coach and mentor others
• Ability to take initiative and be an effective decision-maker
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, or other related field is preferred or equivalent experience
• Skilled in the use of MS Office suite and experience of other tools (e.g. SharePoint, LiveMeeting). Proficient user of Microsoft Project
• Experience managing teams in a fast paced environment
• Experience managing and building relationships with key stakeholders
• An interest and familiarity with the Oracle technology
• PMP, PRINCE2 or similar professional qualification
Travel: Candidates must be willing to travel up to 80% of the time
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.