Category: Business Advisory, Technology
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Huron Consulting Group stands out as one of the fastest growing financial and operational consulting firms in the industry serving clients in the healthcare, education, life sciences, and business sectors. Huron helps clients improve performance, transform the enterprise, reduce costs, leverage technology, process and review large amounts of complex data, address regulatory issues, recover from distress and stimulate growth. Our professionals employ their expertise in finance, operations, strategy and technology to provide our clients with specialized analyses and customized solutions that are tailored to address each client’s particular challenges and opportunities to deliver sustainable and measurable results.
At Huron, we know our legacy is dependent on our greatest asset, our people. We understand that when you are considering your next career opportunity, you are assessing how you can make the biggest impact and be challenged with the most rewarding work. Huron’s entrepreneurial spirit is captured in our values based culture. Simply, it’s an unwavering commitment to always do the right thing by its clients, people, shareholders and communities. Huron’s core values – integrity, pursuit of excellence, accountability, collaboration, passion - capture the essence of who we are, how employees interact with others, and how business is conducted. In doing so, our shared values promise alignment of actions, incentives and true results. It’s the Huron way.
What will your legacy be?
Job Practice Description:
About Huron’s Enterprise Solutions & Analytics Practice
Huron’s Enterprise Solutions and Analytics practice delivers solutions that help organizations manage and optimize their financial performance, operational efficiency, and client experience. With expertise in full-service enterprise performance management, business analytics, CRM, and big data professional services, Huron helps global clients across industries drive results and gain competitive advantage. Our comprehensive offerings include organizational improvements and software consulting leveraging both cloud and on-premise configurations. Huron is a Platinum level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) and a Gold level partner of the Salesforce.com partner network.
Where will your legacy take you?
We invite you to learn more about your career at Huron. Visit us at www.huronconsultinggroup.com
*This role is based in Toronto or Montreal*
The Project Manager will work on projects delivering Oracle’s ES & Analytics technology suite. Huron’s enterprise clients include many of the Fortune 500, across a wide-range of industries. This role will require interaction with key stakeholders that include C-suite and senior management across various departments.
The Project Manager will work closely with the Engagement Director/Program Manager, to manage scope, cost, schedule, risk, resource and quality. The role will require the associate to work with project teams to ensure project governance and methodology is implemented and followed, including planning, change control and risk management. The Project Manager will manage and provide guidance to project resources on a daily basis, and will work with the client to provide a view of not only current status, but also longer-term objectives.
The Project Manager will work with diverse project teams of delivery consultants/developers, on implementations lasting anywhere from three months to two years.
• Ability to effectively manage a project throughout its lifecycle, from initiation to deploy
• Creation and management of project schedules, including MS Project Plans
• Creation of status reports for Steering Committee meetings to facilitate decision making
• Daily management of project resources, which may include client resources
• Daily management and escalation of project control processes, including task management, RAID, scope/change control and quality control
• Project budgeting and liaison with Engagement Manager and Accounting to provide analysis, raise risks and to complete timely invoicing
• Assist with functional on-boarding new project staff, providing instruction on project processes & tools
• Assist with internal initiatives, including improving current project methodology and templates
Key Personal skills:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Support teamwork and collaboration
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight timelines
• Ability to coordinate activities across multiple work streams
• Work with minimal supervision
• Logical thinker and problem solver
• Ability to coach and mentor others
• Ability to take initiative and be an effective decision-maker
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, or other related field is preferred or 7+ years of experience
• Experience in managing test cycles
• Skilled in the use of MS Office suite and experience of other tools (e.g. SharePoint, LiveMeeting)
• Proficient user of Microsoft Project
• Experience managing teams in a fast paced environment
• Experience managing and building relationships with key stakeholders
• Expereince with EPM (Oracle and Hyperion preferred)
• Experience in Waterfall & Agile Project Management Methodology and SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle)
• PMP Certification
• Willingness to travel up to 80%
• This position will be based in Toronto or Montreal with US and Canadian travel