Category: Healthcare, Higher Education, Technology
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Huron Consulting Group stands out as one of the fastest growing financial and operational consulting firms in the industry serving clients in the healthcare, education, life sciences, and business sectors. Huron helps clients improve performance, transform the enterprise, reduce costs, leverage technology, process and review large amounts of complex data, address regulatory issues, recover from distress and stimulate growth. Our professionals employ their expertise in finance, operations, strategy and technology to provide our clients with specialized analyses and customized solutions that are tailored to address each client’s particular challenges and opportunities to deliver sustainable and measurable results.
At Huron, we know our legacy is dependent on our greatest asset, our people. We understand that when you are considering your next career opportunity, you are assessing how you can make the biggest impact and be challenged with the most rewarding work. Huron’s entrepreneurial spirit is captured in our values based culture. Simply, it’s an unwavering commitment to always do the right thing by its clients, people, shareholders and communities. Huron’s core values – integrity, pursuit of excellence, accountability, collaboration, passion - capture the essence of who we are, how employees interact with others, and how business is conducted. In doing so, our shared values promise alignment of actions, incentives and true results. It’s the Huron way.
What will your legacy be?
Job Practice Description:
Huron Education has the world’s largest practice dedicated to serving the higher education industry. Our team of professionals, each with extensive knowledge and experience in the business of higher education and academic medical centers, delivers comprehensive services to the industry and partners with institutions to improve business performance across the enterprise. Huron Education has worked with over 400 universities, academic medical centers, and research institutions to improve performance so they can continue their traditions of extraordinary achievement.
Job Solution Group Description:
Technology is one of our fastest growing client solutions - it is a great time to join Huron! Huron Technology Solutions understands the unique environments of healthcare systems, academic medical centers (AMC), and universities and the challenges they face. The Enterprise Transformation and Solutions Consulting (ETSC) practice assist clients with the planning and implementation of PeopleSoft Financials, Human Capital Management (HCM), and Student Systems software.
Huron has helped many institutions select, plan, and implement Enterprise Resource planning (ERP) systems. Huron is also an Oracle Platinum Partner, a partner in Oracle's PeopleSoft 9.2 Early Success Program, and has led more Grants implementations than any other firm.
Where will your legacy take you?
We invite you to learn more about your career at Huron. Visit us at www.huronconsultinggroup.com
Directors in the Enterprise Transformation and Solutions Consulting (ES) practice assist clients with the planning and implementation of PeopleSoft Financials and Supply Chain Management. In this role, Directors lead teams and work in conjunction with other Huron and client team members through various implementation lifecycle phases including assessing, planning, configuration, design, build, conversion, training, go-live and post-production support. Because of the complex nature of the projects and the seniority of the client representative, a high level of sophistication related to communication, creativity, project management, problem solving, financial management, and institutional strategic planning are key requirements for success.
Directors are responsible for managing a portfolio of projects and business development activities. The position involves significant onsite client contact with travel three to four days each week and overall client, team, and practice management. Directors provide guidance and supervision to Analysts, Associates, Managers, subcontractor and client personnel.
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Information Systems, Accounting, Finance, Economics, related field or equivalent work experience
- More than ten years work experience in the information technology, healthcare, accounting or consulting field
- Significant experience with estimating, implementation planning and project management
- Strong analytical, project management, and communication skills
- Proven thought leadership as indicated by speaking engagements and/or publications
- Passion and drive for business development and problem solving
- Has the ability to translate client needs and feedback into coherent project plans
- Has experience in the financial, operational, or information technology areas of a hospital or academic medical center
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financials (v. 8.8, 8.9, 9.0, 9.1 or 9.2)
- First-hand experience with at least two of the following modules: General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Procurement, eProcurement, and Inventory
- Experience as a functional application specialist
- Excellent communication skills - oral and written - and the interpersonal skills needed quickly to establish relationships of trust and collaboration
- The ability to train and participate in the professional development of Huron staff in both project-management and technical dimensions
- Excellent time-management and prioritization skills
- The ability to manage multiple projects of differing scale and duration
- A desire and willingness to learn new tools, techniques, concepts, and methodologies.
- Experience advising client organizations to clinical system implementations and clinical processes to promote a degree of transformation.
- An understanding of meaningful use strategy in the development of clinical content within that strategy
- Experience working on enterprise system implementation, including change management, project management and software implementation
*This position requires significant travel Monday through Thursday but can be based anywhere in the U.S.