Create Your Future.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers lasting success. It takes a steady focus and genuine collaboration of our teams to support our clients. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, impactful results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us.
Nurse Consultant, Case Management
Category: Healthcare Consulting
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
The healthcare industry is rapidly evolving. Healthcare leaders—from large multi-hospital systems and academic medical centers to smaller community hospitals and physician practices—are addressing ways to achieve transformation of the healthcare enterprise. Huron Consulting Group’s Healthcare practice partners with hospitals and health systems nationwide to achieve their goals and mission, specializing in the implementation of an integrated suite of solutions that improves financial and operational performance while increasing physician, patient, and employee engagement and loyalty across the hospital enterprise. Huron Healthcare has dedicated its legacy to delivering sustainable and scalable healthcare transformation solutions in enterprise strategy, clinical transformation, revenue optimization, cost management and technology.
The Nurse Consultant in the Clinical Operations practice brings clinical expertise and oversight for all clinical work under the umbrella of Clinical Optimization and Care Management. This role has significant responsibility for project management, client management, solution design and implementation, and generation of project results. The RN consultant is responsible for working with client executives to maintain the appropriate client support and momentum. In addition, they are also responsible for mentoring the analysts and associates on the project team and helping them develop by providing direction and coaching.
• BS/BA degree in Nursing or a health-related field required;
• Certified Case Manager (CCM) certification
• 7+ years’ experience in healthcare consulting and/or healthcare provider operations experience related to case management
• 3+ years hospital Case Management Director level experience in assessing, designing, implementing and driving performance in areas that focus on the issues surrounding Length of Stay; Utilization & Case Management; Patient Throughput; and collaboration between Social Workers, RN Case Managers, and clinical staff.
• Master's degree in Nursing, Health or Hospital Administration is highly preferred
• Hospital operational and management experience at the Director level or above, including exposure to Finance
• Experience interacting and influencing physicians about the rationale for clinical decision making
• Project Management experience including creating work plans, budgets, managing budget to actual, and goal setting/benchmarks
• Experience supervising project teams and co-workers, and ability to coach and mentor staff
• Ability to actively manage and deliver on client expectations around project activities, timelines, deliverables, outcomes, etc.
• Ability to provide targeted communication, both verbal and written, to internal and external constituents
• Proven analytical and process redesign skills, including problem solving, quantitative reasoning, workflow process, etc.
• Exposure to a wide variety of process improvement methodologies (e.g., Lean) is highly preferred
• Ability to work with a diverse group of professionals and personalities in a team environment
• Possess the following skill sets:
o Solid written and documentation skills
o Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication and presentation skills
o Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
o Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
o Clinical data analysis skills
o Performance improvement skills (e.g., Lean/Six Sigma) highly preferred
• Willingness to travel 80% and work extended hours as necessary
• Living location can be anywhere within the contiguous 48 states and near a major airport
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.