Create Your Future.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers lasting success. It takes a steady focus and genuine collaboration of our teams to support our clients. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, impactful results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us.
Market Research Specialist - London
Category: Life Sciences Consulting
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United Kingdom
State: Greater London
Huron’s Life Science practice offers consulting services to clients across the life science industry. The practice is growing rapidly and has offices in London (Kings Cross area) and St Ives (Cambridgeshire) as well as in the USA. This position can be based in either our London or our St Ives office, but willingness to travel regularly to the other UK office is preferred.
The Market Research Specialist is part of our Operations team. Among other activities, the Operations team supports the consulting staff with their market research activities. A growing number of Huron’s client projects include market research and the team is seeking some specialist support to meet this demand. The post-holder will provide day-to-day support with projects that include market research, including securing interviews, as well as contributing to the ongoing development of Huron’s internal database and knowledge centre for market research.
Key elements of the role are:
• Market research planning – Working with consulting staff to compile market research plans that meet client specifications and timelines, proactively raising any issues and adapting plans accordingly as projects progress
• Market research co-ordination – Supporting consulting staff with securing market interviews and with associated logistics (scheduling, tracking, payments, etc.)
• Interviewee liaison – Building relationships with Huron’s regular interviewees and ensuring their interactions with Huron are smooth and positive
• Vendor liaison – Key point of contact for liaising with any third-party agencies/contractors supplying market research services when this is necessary to meet project demands
• Compliance support – Ensuring all compliance requirements are met throughout client projects, including compliance with GDPR, and providing relevant support and advice to consulting staff on industry and client-specific compliance requirements
• Operational support – Providing expert assistance on client systems and processes for project approvals, material uploads, and referencing
• Logistics support – Arranging meeting logistics, booking travel etc.
• Process improvement and support with internal processes – Ensuring internal corporate monitoring and reporting requirements are met, and contributing to implementation of new processes and efficiencies in the Operations team
• Experience in a market research administrative role in the life science/pharmaceuticals industry
• Experience of meeting compliance requirements in the pharmaceutical industry, including knowledge of the requirements set by key industry associations (BHBIA, EphMRA, etc.)
• Appreciation and understanding of the importance of due diligence, process adherence, confidentiality and stakeholder management
• Proactive, taking the initiative
• Strong customer service ethos – desire to provide the best possible service to internal consulting staff
• Project management experience would be a distinct advantage
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.