Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Huron Consulting Group stands out as one of the fastest growing financial and operational consulting firms in the industry serving clients in the healthcare, education, life sciences, and business sectors. Huron helps clients improve performance, transform the enterprise, reduce costs, leverage technology, process and review large amounts of complex data, address regulatory issues, recover from distress and stimulate growth. Our professionals employ their expertise in finance, operations, strategy and technology to provide our clients with specialized analyses and customized solutions that are tailored to address each client’s particular challenges and opportunities to deliver sustainable and measurable results.
At Huron, we know our legacy is dependent on our greatest asset, our people. We understand that when you are considering your next career opportunity, you are assessing how you can make the biggest impact and be challenged with the most rewarding work. Huron’s entrepreneurial spirit is captured in our values based culture. Simply, it’s an unwavering commitment to always do the right thing by its clients, people, shareholders and communities. Huron’s core values – integrity, pursuit of excellence, accountability, collaboration, passion - capture the essence of who we are, how employees interact with others, and how business is conducted. In doing so, our shared values promise alignment of actions, incentives and true results. It’s the Huron way.
What will your legacy be?
Job Practice Description:
Huron Healthcare is dedicated to delivering best-in-class revenue enhancement, expense reduction, and clinical transformation solutions, and we’re known for our unmatched track record of success. Working collaboratively, we provide solutions that drive significant financial and operational improvement, delivering rapid, certain, and sustainable results. As the premier healthcare consulting organization dedicated to performance improvement, Huron Healthcare helps hospitals and health systems nationwide achieve their goals and missions.
Job Solution Group Description:
HSM Consulting, a Huron Solution is a leading provider of operational and information technology consulting to the healthcare marketplace. We offer our clients a full range of consulting solutions with a focus on clinical and revenue cycle optimization, application delivery, and interim management. Our goal is to maximize operational efficiencies through the adoption and optimization of information technology and enterprise technology solution.
Where will your legacy take you?
We invite you to learn more about your career at Huron. Visit us at www.huronconsultinggroup.com
This position requires 3+ years of implementation experience and knowledge of the MEDITECH applications*, including hospital experience with workflow design/re-design. Applicant must possess excellent understanding of revenue cycle workflow in the hospital and ambulatory environment. Candidates may live anywhere in the contiguous US and travel 75-100%, as needed by project.
Maintains at least 85% billable utilization rate.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Revenue cycle assessments, turn around, and redesign
• Solid understanding of Revenue Cycle Operations
• Experience with MEDITECH 6.1, 6.0 or Client Server platforms preferred
• Knowledge of the MEDITECH dictionaries, building, and best practice implementation for the B/AR module
• Perform analysis, design, and documentation of current state workflow for B/AR module
• Identify improvement opportunities or best practices and make recommendations for optimizing workflow
• Provide consulting services in all areas of healthcare revenue cycle including: Patient Access, Registration/Admission, Patient Financial Services, and Decision Support/Analytics
• Maintain regular communication with client, vendor, team members and team leaders regarding project issues, risks, and needs
• Classify problems as system, training, or process and recommend appropriate corrections
• Assistance with other tasks as necessary
• On occasion, may be required to lift and/or carry up to 25 lbs.
• May require long periods of standing
• Required to sit for long periods of time.
• Required to use computer for long periods of time