Job ID: Boston
Category: Life Sciences
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Huron Consulting Group stands out as one of the fastest growing financial and operational consulting firms in the industry serving clients in the healthcare, education, life sciences, and business sectors. Huron helps clients improve performance, transform the enterprise, reduce costs, leverage technology, process and review large amounts of complex data, address regulatory issues, recover from distress and stimulate growth. Our professionals employ their expertise in finance, operations, strategy and technology to provide our clients with specialized analyses and customized solutions that are tailored to address each client’s particular challenges and opportunities to deliver sustainable and measurable results.
At Huron, we know our legacy is dependent on our greatest asset, our people. We understand that when you are considering your next career opportunity, you are assessing how you can make the biggest impact and be challenged with the most rewarding work. Huron’s entrepreneurial spirit is captured in our values based culture. Simply, it’s an unwavering commitment to always do the right thing by its clients, people, shareholders and communities. Huron’s core values – integrity, pursuit of excellence, accountability, collaboration, passion - capture the essence of who we are, how employees interact with others, and how business is conducted. In doing so, our shared values promise alignment of actions, incentives and true results. It’s the Huron way.
What will your legacy be?
Job Solution Group Description:
Huron’s Life Sciences (HLS) Practice assists the continuum of life sciences organizations— from biopharmaceutical and generic companies, device and diagnostic manufacturers, to law and investment firms, and other organizations that support the life sciences industry -- translate the driver of our industry’s value, the science of medicine, into strategies that resonate both clinically and commercially, and are able to be executed through the regulatory and governmental hurdles that ultimately ensure patient safety. We specialize in the business of life sciences and provide focused, experienced teams that deliver consistent high quality solutions. To respond to a wide array of business issues, our HLS team offers, but is not limited to, the following: Corporate Strategy, Licensing Merger & Acquisitions Support, R&D Strategy, Risk Mitigation and Compliance Strategy, and Commercial Strategy.
Where will your legacy take you?
We invite you to learn more about your career at Huron. Visit us at www.huronconsultinggroup.com
We are seeking a Life Sciences Manager to join our Strategy service line.
Managers will serve in an outward-facing, hands-on, and multi-faceted role combining project and engagement management, team leadership and material interaction with clients at both tactical and strategic levels.
While activities vary based on project size/scope and individual skill-sets and strengths, the Manager can expect to spend time as follows: 75% on client-facing engagement through all project phases (pursuit to delivery), project management, and intensive data-analysis to implement impactful recommendations. Approximately 25% of the Manager’s time will revolve around overall practice development, the mentorship of coachees (when assigned), and general project/organizational administrative tasks.
Managers in the Life Sciences service line must demonstrate performance in the following:
• Engagement Management: Lead engagement planning, organize resources, develop work plans and coordinate daily field work, manage preparation of client deliverables including data analyses, quality reviews and presentations
• Client Relationship Management: Build and manage successful client relationships generating positive client feedback on quality, value, innovation, delivery, and results
• Managing and Leading Teams: Effecitvely direct, coach, motivate and evaluate analystsis and associates, including all elements of Huron’s performance management process.
• Analytical: Strong time management and organizational skills, ability to lead team efforts in developing solutions for complex client situations
• Communication and Executive Disposition: Effective written and verbal communication with internal and client audiences
• Practice Development: Help develop tools and methodologies to deliver work, and participate in talent development including recruiting and internal training and development, authoring white papers, webinars, etc.
• Current permanent U.S. work authorization required
• Bachelor's degree, MBA or other relevant advanced degree preferred
• Demonstrated team leadership
• Minimum of 6 years experience; managing complex team-based engagements in a life sciences industry setting or consulting environment
• Willingness to travel based on project needs, and work extended hours as necessary
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office programs and tools
• Deep Pharma/Medical Device or Biotech industry knowledge, specifically: corporate strategy, commercial strategy, LM&A and R&D strategy
• General project administration experience; billing, status reports, and engagement feedback
• Strong attention to detail in order to oversee the team’s analysis and process improvement recommendations to create a solution that drives measurable desired results and maintains client and team satisfaction
• Strong analytics knowledge and understanding
• Able to develop creative strategic insights and solutions.
These positions are available in NYC; Boston, MA; San Francisco, CA or Atlanta, GA.