Category: Life Sciences
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
City: New York
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Huron Consulting Group stands out as one of the fastest growing financial and operational consulting firms in the industry serving clients in the healthcare, education, life sciences, and business sectors. Huron helps clients improve performance, transform the enterprise, reduce costs, leverage technology, process and review large amounts of complex data, address regulatory issues, recover from distress and stimulate growth. Our professionals employ their expertise in finance, operations, strategy and technology to provide our clients with specialized analyses and customized solutions that are tailored to address each client’s particular challenges and opportunities to deliver sustainable and measurable results.
At Huron, we know our legacy is dependent on our greatest asset, our people. We understand that when you are considering your next career opportunity, you are assessing how you can make the biggest impact and be challenged with the most rewarding work. Huron’s entrepreneurial spirit is captured in our values based culture. Simply, it’s an unwavering commitment to always do the right thing by its clients, people, shareholders and communities. Huron’s core values – integrity, pursuit of excellence, accountability, collaboration, passion - capture the essence of who we are, how employees interact with others, and how business is conducted. In doing so, our shared values promise alignment of actions, incentives and true results. It’s the Huron way.
What will your legacy be?
Job Solution Group Description:
Huron’s Life Sciences (HLS) Practice assists the continuum of life sciences organizations— from biopharmaceutical and generic companies, device and diagnostic manufacturers, to law and investment firms, and other organizations that support the life sciences industry -- translate the driver of our industry’s value, the science of medicine, into strategies that resonate both clinically and commercially, and are able to be executed through the regulatory and governmental hurdles that ultimately ensure patient safety. We specialize in the business of life sciences and provide focused, experienced teams that deliver consistent high quality solutions. To respond to a wide array of business issues, our HLS team offers, but is not limited to, the following: Corporate Strategy, Licensing Merger & Acquisitions Support, R&D Strategy, Risk Mitigation and Compliance Strategy, and Commercial Strategy.
We invite you to learn more about your career at Huron. Visit us at www.huronconsultinggroup.com/careers
Where will your legacy take you?
We invite you to learn more about your career at Huron. Visit us at www.huronconsultinggroup.com
We are seeking a Life Sciences Associate to join our Strategy service line
Associates play an integral client-facing project or work-stream leadership role. While activities vary based on project size/scope and individual skill-sets and strengths, the Associate can expect to spend their time follows: 80% will be allocated to material client interaction through all project phases, project management, intensive data-analysis and the identification of the “so-what’s” therein, and to creating compelling client-ready presentations and; 20% will be spent developing Analysts and coachees when assigned, participating in practice development and, carrying out routine administrative tasks.
Associates in the Life Sciences practice must demonstrate performance in the following:
• Analytics and Problem Solving: Conduct client interviews related to data and process design to solve business problems, construct and lead data collection and analysis, produce client-ready deliverables
• Managing Projects & People: Assist in preparation of client deliverables and project activities, coordinate activities across the team, effectively direct and motivate junior staff
• Client Relationship Management: Independently lead client interviews, run well organized meetings, act as the direct point of contact with client, effectively obtain feedback and address concerns
• Professional Acumen: Demonstrate Huron’s core values, high self-awareness, and effective communication skills
• Current permanent U.S. work authorization required
• Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred
• 3-5 years of work experience in one of the following roles: life sciences industry commercial, LM&A, finance, or research; life sciences strategy management consulting; or another analytic role in the life sciences industry such as finance, venture capital, private equity, scientific research, etc.
• Willingness and ability to travel every week if necessary; travel can range from minimal (day trips) to significant (onsite 3-4 days)
• Willingness to work extended hours as necessary
• The ability to demonstrate highly refined analytic and communication skills, work effectively, both independently and in group settings, and able to develop creative strategic insights and solutions.
• Primary (industry expert interviewing) & secondary (industry research, market profiling, journal review) research
• Data synthesis, analytics (financial modeling, database creating & manipulation, market sizing)
• Communication and presentation skills
• Management and training of junior staff
These positions are available in NYC; Boston, MA; or Atlanta, GA.