Let’s Get to Work.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers long-term success for our clients. It takes genuine collaboration, deep expertise, and steady focus. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, long-lasting results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us. We are Huron. Let’s get to work.
Life Sciences - Strategy Associate (Boston)
Category: Life Sciences
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Job Practice Description:
Huron’s Life Sciences (HLS) Practice assists the continuum of life sciences organizations— from biopharmaceutical and generic companies, device and diagnostic manufacturers, to law and investment firms, and other organizations that support the life sciences industry -- translate the driver of our industry’s value, the science of medicine, into strategies that resonate both clinically and commercially. We specialize in the business of life sciences and provide focused, experienced teams that deliver consistent high quality solutions. To respond to a wide array of business issues, our HLS team offers, but is not limited to, the following: Corporate Strategy, Licensing Merger & Acquisitions Support, R&D Strategy, and Commercial Strategy.
We invite you to learn more about your career at Huron. Visit us at www.huronconsultinggroup.com
Associates play an integral client-facing project or work-stream leadership role. While activities vary based on project size/scope and individual skill-sets and strengths, the Associate can expect to spend their time follows: 80% will be allocated to material client interaction through all project phases, project management, intensive data-analysis and the identification of the “so-what’s” therein, and to creating compelling client-ready presentations and; 20% will be spent developing Analysts and coachees when assigned, participating in practice development and, carrying out routine administrative tasks.
• Current permanent U.S. work authorization required
• Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred
• 3-5 years of work experience in one of the following roles: life sciences industry commercial, LM&A, finance, or research; life sciences strategy management consulting; or another analytic role in the life sciences industry such as finance, venture capital, private equity, scientific research, etc.
• Willingness and ability to travel every week if necessary; travel can range from minimal (day trips) to significant (onsite 3-4 days)
• Willingness to work extended hours as necessary
• The ability to demonstrate highly refined analytic and communication skills, work effectively, both independently and in group settings, and able to develop creative strategic insights and solutions.
• Primary (industry expert interviewing) & secondary (industry research, market profiling, journal review) research
• Data synthesis, analytics (financial modeling, database creating & manipulation, market sizing)
• Communication and presentation skills
• Management and training of junior staff
Locations: These positions are available in NYC; Boston, MA; or San Francisco, CA.
Huron Consulting Group stands out as one of the fastest growing financial and operational consulting firms in the industry serving clients in the healthcare, education, life sciences, and business sectors. Huron helps clients improve performance, transform the enterprise, reduce costs, leverage technology, process and review large amounts of complex data, address regulatory issues, recover from distress and stimulate growth. Our professionals employ their expertise in finance, operations, strategy and technology to provide our clients with specialized analyses and customized solutions that are tailored to address each client’s particular challenges and opportunities to deliver sustainable and measurable results.
At Huron, we know our legacy is dependent on our greatest asset, our people. We understand that when you are considering your next career opportunity, you are assessing how you can make the biggest impact and be challenged with the most rewarding work. Huron’s entrepreneurial spirit is captured in our values based culture. Simply, it’s an unwavering commitment to always do the right thing by its clients, people, shareholders and communities. Huron’s core values – integrity, pursuit of excellence, accountability, collaboration, passion - capture the essence of who we are, how employees interact with others, and how business is conducted. In doing so, our shared values promise alignment of actions, incentives and true results. It’s the Huron way.
What will your legacy be?