Create Your Future.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers lasting success. It takes a steady focus and genuine collaboration of our teams to support our clients. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, impactful results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us.
Lead DevOps Engineer
Job ID: 3859
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Imagine sharing your hard-earned technical expertise in the areas of healthcare that really matter. We’re talking innovative, customized software solutions that Huron’s know-how provides across all electronic health record platforms. Huron’s Healthcare software team offers diverse and cutting-edge opportunities thanks to our partnerships with leading national healthcare systems, academic medical centers, community hospitals and physician practices. And by leveraging your technical prowess, you’ll have a hand in building Huron’s next generation of healthcare software tools and provide solutions that effect sustainable, meaningful change. Sounds like a team you can get behind, right?
Join Huron’s world-class Healthcare Software team… and be prepared to hit the ground running.
Let’s get to work – together.
The Lead DevOps Engineer will have a solid background in LAMP/LNMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP or Linux, nginx, mySQL, PHP) stack skills. The Lead DevOps Engineer will be responsible for active monitoring of web and database servers. This role also includes monitoring server health in terms of memory / CPU utilization, checking error logs, dealing with alerts and should be able to troubleshoot and fix issues. The selected candidate will also be expected to do virtualized infrastructure capacity planning and be able to deploy production builds and perform smoke tests.
- Daily management and monitoring of the Amazon Cloud Stack
- Release management for the supported applications in the development, testing and production environment
- Develop and manage scripts and tools for deployment of new servers and services
- Develop scripts to automate problem detection, monitoring, disaster recovery and backup requirements
- Work with development and support teams to understand monitoring requirements
- Document monitoring processes implemented across the system and manage changes and overall configuration
- Participate in capacity planning exercises for future needs and projects
- Maintain DR and backup processes and policies, revising and adapting to system changes rapidly
- Manage the production environment
- 3 years of experience provisioning and managing applications in both virtual and cloud infrastructures (AWS)
o Cloud Formation, Code Deploy, CodePipeline, EC2-RDS-VPC, S3, CloudTrail, Networking all AWS best pratice Architectures
- Experience with monitoring systems, such as Nagios
- Experience as a developer or administrator, preferably in a mixed environment (Windows & Linux)
- Knowledge of at least one of the following scripting languages: PHP or Bash
- Experienced with revision control systems including branching and tagging strategies using Git
- Experience working in an Agile, Scrum, or Kanban environment
- Experience with AWS configurations using Linux & Microsoft stacks
- Ability to communicate effectively and properly manage expectations
- Analytical problem-solving abilities
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Automating the deployment and configuration of software using tools such as Chef, Puppet a plus
- Automating releases, builds in Jenkins, maven, selenium and QA best practices a plus
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Apache Kafka, ELK Stack, MongoDB are a plus
- Hashicorp Atlas/Vagrant/Terraform or Amazon Cloud formation experience a plus
- HIPAA and SOC2/3 Compliance aware a plus
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.