Let’s Get to Work.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers long-term success for our clients. It takes genuine collaboration, deep expertise, and steady focus. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, long-lasting results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us. We are Huron. Let’s get to work.
Lead Clinical Research Contracts Specialist (P)
Category: Higher Education
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
City: Washington, DC
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Our Research Enterprise Solutions team focuses on improving every aspect of research administration performance through transformative change. Huron's solutions and deep expertise enable our clients to more effectively manage the business of research, optimize clinical research operations, improve financial management, and mitigate compliance risks.
Our legacy is rooted in the industry – bringing an unmatched level of expertise and experience in higher education. Yet we challenge the status quo and empower our clients to think more deeply about the future. From vision to execution, we enable our clients to identify and realize unique opportunities to drive higher levels of performance and impact.
At Huron we provide flexible, scalable and configurable solutions to streamline workflow and relieve administrative burden to free up time for what matters most – the research mission. Would you like to join us?
It’s a noble role we execute with pride—one that shapes education globally.
Are you ready to make impact with your leadership experience and contracting expertise? As a lead member of Huron’s Research Office team, you will negotiate and prepare clinical research study contracts that include Confidentiality Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Clinical Trial Agreements, Nonconforming Subcontracts, Master Service Agreements, Material Transfer Agreements, and Data Transfer Agreements.
You will use your time management skills to work on multiple study contract documents concurrently and apply your exceptional legal writing skills and work ethic to draft client-ready documents. You will review sponsor contract language and embed client specific contract terms and verbiage as approved by client’s legal department. Bring your legal expertise and be part of the Huron Higher Education team with opportunities to collaborate, learn and grow while impacting some of the most prestigious higher education institutions.
Let’s get to work – together.
- Current permanent U.S. work authorization required
- Legal degree (Juris Doctor) from an accredited institution
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in clinical research contractual agreements, such as confidentiality agreements, non-disclosure agreements, clinical trial agreements, master service agreements, material transfer agreements and data transfer agreements
- Knowledge of federal regulations related to clinical research, including NIH regulations covering NIH funded inventions
- Must work within our Washington, D.C. office
- Admission to a local state Bar Association
- Working knowledge and experience with clinical trial regulatory documents such as study protocols, informed consent documents and study budgets;
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Practice Guidelines, ICH Guidelines, FDA and HIPAA regulations.
- Knowledge of common contractual negotiating points such as indemnification, intellectual property, patient safety, confidentiality, billing, and publication.
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.