Let’s Get to Work.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers long-term success for our clients. It takes genuine collaboration, deep expertise, and steady focus. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, long-lasting results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us. We are Huron. Let’s get to work.
Hyperion Planning Consultant
Job ID: 2641
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Business name: Huron Advisors Canada Limited
Title: Hyperion Planning Consultant (NOC 2171)
Business address: Western Corporate Business Centre, Bow Valley Square 2, 205-5th Avenue SW T2P 2V7
Work location: Western Corporate Business Centre, Bow Valley Square 2, 205-5th Avenue SW T2P 2V7
Terms of employment: Permanent, Full time
Hours of work: 40 hours per week
Salary: $75,100.00 - $163,000 CAD a year
Benefit: Eligible for bonuses and salary increases in accordance with company policy. Eligible to participate in the employee benefits program.
Language of work: English
In this role, you will work with Huron and client team members throughout the entire implementation lifecycle, including planning, configuration, design, build, testing, training, and change management, go-live and post-production support. The Hyperion Planning Consultant will be responsible for all aspects of Hyperion system implementation including requirement gathering, application design, application configuration and implementation.
The Hyperion Planning Consultant will be responsible to:
• Develop and maintain project plans.
• Translate business needs into practical solutions.
• Build best practices within planning, forecasting and reporting processes and implementing new performance reporting, planning and forecasting processes within the Hyperion Planning toolset.
• Tune and optimize Planning and Essbase applications
• Design and build of reports using Hyperion Financial Reporting.
• Provide expertise in Hyperion Planning and/or Essbase related to outlines, calculations, load rules, Web Forms, Smart View, Partitions, Security, and application validation.
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree a plus, concentration in Finance or Accounting is preferred
• At least 6 years’ experience with Hyperion Planning and Essbase
• At least 6 years’ experience in analyzing requirements, writing functional specifications, conducting tests, troubleshooting issues and interfacing with business users
• Experience leading medium to large scale Hyperion Planning implementation projects
• Experience with Hyperion Planning and Hyperion Essbase in both development and administrative roles
• Experience with automation scripts (MaxL) and integration of the full Hyperion suite.
• Extensive knowledge of Excel, Essbase Spreadsheet Add-in and SmartView
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Extensive knowledge of financial process and functional processes
• Essbase aggregate storage experience is a plus(ASO)
• Prior team management experience, experience managing people (mentoring, delegating, reviewing work, and coaching staff)
• Willingness to travel
• Familiarity with entire Hyperion EPM Suite
• Industry vertical experience
• Oracle certifications
Huron Consulting Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage to employees and dependents; a Retirement Plan with a generous employer match; an employee stock purchase plan; a generous Paid Time Off policy; and paid maternity leave. Our Wellness Program supports employee total well-being by providing paramedical coverage through our Medical Plan, a Huron Wellness Reimbursement program and travel recognition benefit. All benefits and programs are subject to applicable eligibility requirements.
The Company is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity in recruitment, employment, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, education, and all other terms of employment. Huron is an Equal Opportunity employer that encourages all qualified applicants, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. We endeavor to maintain a drug-free workplace.
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.