Let’s Get to Work.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers long-term success for our clients. It takes genuine collaboration, deep expertise, and steady focus. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, long-lasting results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us. We are Huron. Let’s get to work.
Huron Business Advisory, Operational Improvement (Energy Vertical) Managing Director
Category: Business Advisory
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Huron’s Operational Improvement Practice
Huron’s Operational Improvement team supports corporations, executive management, boards of directors, institutional lenders, and company sponsors to maximize the enterprise value of under-performing companies. Our practice professionals have a wide range of expertise including serving in interim management roles as CEO, CFO, COO and CRO. Huron’s specialists can execute a full range of activities, including crisis stabilization, front-line operational improvements, customer accommodation agreements, viability assessments, cash flow management, implementation of cost reduction initiatives and trustee services. Our comprehensive solutions are provided to both well-capitalized companies that are not achieving stakeholder expectations and to debt-laden, distressed organizations. Huron’s operational and business strategists have experience that cuts across virtually every industry sector and includes extensive governance experience. We focus on both top and bottom line results and we work collaboratively to identify the business issues that affect success.
The Managing Director Operational Improvement ENERGY Vertical will be responsible for leading and growing the energy sector vertical within the operational improvement practice at Huron. Primary responsibilities include business development and project oversight with an emphasis on helping to expand and grow the Operational Improvement Energy practice with a focus on the oilfield services, exploration and production, and the oilfield equipment manufacturing sector. The final candidate will be responsible for selling and delivering multi-million dollar engagements within a broad range of operational improvement and financial consulting services.
The position will require the individual to conduct business development as well as provide group and project oversight where he or she will help Huron win and execute complex, high profile energy engagements. The platform at Huron is based upon a culture of collaboration and teaming and as result this person will be expected to work closely with other members of the financial consulting practice to leverage the broad services the platform offers. In addition, the final candidate will present Huron’s Operational Improvement offering to a variety of constituents and company decision makers. This person will establish trust with clients through their superior content knowledge across a broad range of complex issues.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the Managing Director will:
Possess strong industry knowledge in the Energy industry with a preferred presence located in Houston our surrounding areas.
• Lead and grow the Operational Improvement Energy sector as well as contribute to the growth of the overall practice nationally by generating an average of $3-5 million dollars in consulting revenue
• Deliver superior client service to augment Huron’s market positioning as the premier financial consulting services firm and aggressively continue to help grow the practice
• Work in close partnership with other Managing Directors and Directors to capture and maximize revenue opportunities by leveraging the broad array of skills in accounting, economics, financial and industry expertise Huron offers to clients
• Bring new capabilities to materially enhance and broaden the practice and value that is delivered to Huron clients
• Develop and hire professional staff to ensure the highest quality talent and expertise is being provided; Huron’s financial consulting practice has a reputation of delivering the highest quality service to some of the most visible engagements in the industry. This person must fit with the cultural philosophy of having an obsessive focus on quality
• Provide leadership in creating/architecting solution sets that fit in strategically with the services of the financial consulting practice
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.