Create Your Future.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers lasting success. It takes a steady focus and genuine collaboration of our teams to support our clients. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, impactful results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us.
Human Resources Manager, Life Sciences - London
Category: Corporate - Human Resources
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United Kingdom
State: Greater London
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Huron Life Sciences, a practice within the broader Huron consulting group, offers a broad range of consulting solutions to clients across the Life Science industry. Huron Life Sciences is spread across the UK (London and St Ives) and the US (New York, Boston and San Francisco). The practice is undergoing rapid evolution in both its internal structure and its market offerings.
The UK part of Huron Life Sciences seeks a Human Resources Manager to support UK employees and to liaise with colleagues in the US part of the Life Sciences practice as well as with members of the Huron corporate HR function. The HR Manager is a highly visible role and a key member of the UK management team with primary responsibility for integration, development, motivation and retention of employees. The postholder will play an important role in achieving the practice’s strategy through his/her ability to align people with strategy and to support and manage change.
· Acts as a business partner to the UK Life Science practice leadership and Corporate employees.
· Trusted advisor to UK Life Science teams on organizational and human resource issues.
o Promotes Huron’s culture by ensuring that HR practices are culturally consistent and aligned with Huron Life Science objectives
o Fosters a positive environment that recognizes accomplishments and measures success.
o Proactively identifies needs, brings issues to leadership’s attention and works toward successful resolutions.
· Generates and coordinates effective communications at multiple levels: internally within the UK, across the global Life Science practice, and between the Life Science practiceand the broader Huron.
· Manages core talent management processes within the practice in collaboration with functional leadership:
o Directs practice recruitment and workforce planning activities (working with corporate Huron)
o Plans employee induction programme and onboarding activities
o Plans ongoing consulting training and development programme (working with Operations function)
o Drives competency-based performance management process
o Manages reward/recognition programme and promotions
· Monitors employee turnover and positively influences retention by understanding turnover drivers and working with management to implement retention programmes targeted at high performers
· Coaches employees on employee relations matters including employee concerns, performance, performance improvement plans (PIP), training and development, advancement, etc.
· Supports and monitors development planning including guiding coaches in supporting individual employees.
· Coaches management on employee relations matters, effective communication and coaching skills, employee performance management and risk management.
· Expert on company policies and procedures, drawing on corporate resources as needed .
· Provides feedback on Huron’s established programs and practices; works with Director, Talent Management to develop company programs, and shares best practices with the HR team.
• MBA or advanced degree in HR
• Strong leadership and change management or organizational development skills
• Experience of working in a global organization split across multiple sites
· Experience in working in a Consultancy based business ideally in Life Sciences
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.