Let’s Get to Work.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers long-term success for our clients. It takes genuine collaboration, deep expertise, and steady focus. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, long-lasting results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us. We are Huron. Let’s get to work.
Healthcare Federal Proposal Lead
Job ID: 3337
Category: Healthcare, Public Sector
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
When you look back on your legacy 10 years from now, 15 years from now…what will you see? Huron healthcare associates have the answer. “I developed strategies for health systems that navigated the complexities of an ever-changing environment”…”I helped clients gain insights, set direction, reduce complexity, operate efficiently and build a healthy organizational culture”…”I was on the forefront of clinical transformation helping clients deliver exceptional patient care while minimizing costs”…”I was on the cutting edge—building population health models, embracing new payment structures and leveraging the latest technologies.”
Our approach to our clients’ business is rooted in our belief that change is an opportunity, not an obstacle. Are you ready to re-imagine your future…redefine your purpose? If so, you’ve come to the right place.
Your legacy begins now… with unbridled inspiration to effect meaningful change.
- Develop compelling, compliant, and persuasive proposals by leading the response process for federal proposal-related activity; Guide proposal team members and assist them in understanding and execution of proposal development tasks they are assigned; Serve as a liaison with various departments to ensure pricing, contracts, teaming agreements, procurement, legal, and solution activities are completed in time to deliver the proposal timely
- Reports to Federal Sales Operations Manager; works closely with the Federal Business Segment Leader, Federal Business Development (BD) Director, other leaders within Performance Improvement and Advancing Solutions, and other Federal team members
- Proposal Management
- Leads and enforces Huron-adopted, industry best practice-based processes and procedures for proposal development to include the development of a proposal plan stemming from the capture plan to provide direction to the pursuit team
- Responsible for managing the proposal through the opportunity life cycle from the earliest stage (e.g., RFI or draft RFP release) to post-proposal submission activities, thereby leading, planning, scheduling, overseeing and actively participating in the proposal development for large-scale Federal business opportunities
- Uses standard best practices to increase the win probability of deals through producing proposals that are responsive and compliant, and developed through careful capture planning that is executed in the proposal strategy/plan
- Lead proposal development, compliance, and production for the Proposal Team and create a compliance matrix, outline, calendar, and other documents related to managing the proposal effort
- Adheres to all client requirements, including all government instructions pertaining to bid preparation and submission guidelines
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; transmitting proposals.
- Organizes and facilitates proposal kickoffs, meetings, review sessions, etc.
- Facilitates development of solutions, insights, win themes, discriminators as an extension of the capture plan in putting together the proposal strategies
- Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information; coordinating submissions and collections, as well as archiving of all key proposal volumes on Federal SharePoint site
- Responsible for primary writing and control of quality, content and final appearance of the proposal production process
- Coordinates with key owners responsible for pricing to ensure all pricing elements are submitted timely and are aligned with proposal strategy
- Coordinate with marketing on proposal development in InDesign and finalize proposal
- Supervises and leads proposal team on individual effort
- Demonstrate proposal team leadership through setting a positive tone, leading with care, providing supervision and direction to the proposal team and asking for help when needed to ensure all key deadlines are met
- Plan backups in the event timelines are not met by proposal team, set clear expectations with proposal team, train and retrain proposal team members as needed based on Federal proposal management process
- Maintains knowledge of various proposal processes or subject matter such as technical solutions, management approaches, QA/QC methodologies, technical narratives and staffing approaches
- Develops and maintains the Company’s templates and frameworks with adjustments as applicable based on Federal business segment
- Manages several proposals simultaneously in a high-volume, quick-turn environment
- Remains current with Huron’s solutions, products, and messaging to ensure Huron’s competitive advantage is clearly communicated and understood in client-facing materials
- Participates in ongoing continuous improvement of the proposal development process
- Own the development and/or maintenance of market/solution/product-specific content within a proposal library
- Other duties or projects as assigned
- Complete a win/loss debrief after each proposal
- Track win/loss metrics
- Meet at least once annually to discuss proposal management process with key proposal team members to continue to enhance and improve Huron Federal proposal management methodology and best practices
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing, writing, and coordinating Federal Government proposals
- Experience working with proposal teams in a dynamic, fast-paced environment supporting critical business development activities
- Strong communication, analytical, organizational and managerial skills
- Ability to use standard English writing styles and structures to write proposal sections; includes the ability to research and synthesize information from multiple sources (e.g., subject matter experts, previous proposals, case studies, etc.) into a cohesive, easy-to-read, and persuasive, final product
- Experience meeting Federal RFP compliance requirements
- Ability to effectively participate and lead proposal review meetings
- Detail-oriented; Able to balance multiple projects and work to meet deadlines
- Ability to work on multiple projects and under tight deadlines
- Ability to work with teams and individuals of varying working styles
- Ability to work varying hours with no advance notice to meet RFP deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio), Adobe Acrobat Pro, SharePoint, InDesign
- Previous healthcare industry experience, commercial or federal
- APMP Certification preferred
- Shipley Proposal Management/Proposal Writing training preferred
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.