Create Your Future.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers lasting success. It takes a steady focus and genuine collaboration of our teams to support our clients. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, impactful results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us.
HRBP Manager [Manager-II]
Job ID: 24186
Category: Corporate - Human Resources
Opportunity Type: Experienced
External Job Title: HR Manager
Business Unit: Corporate
The HR Manager is a member of the HR Business Partner (generalist) team with a focus on client needs, particularly Manager, Associates and Analysts. Plays a key role in managing HR-related projects and activities are designed, implemented, and managed to meet client expectations and business needs.
· Act as a resource manager and advisor to practice management on human resources matters including: performance management, coaching, new hire on-boarding, integration and company policies and procedures.
· Lead human resource processes and procedures to ensure accurate, timely and consistent delivery to clients.
· Consult with corporate specialists on pre-employment matters, relocations, work visas, benefits, leaves of absence, etc. Serve as a day-to-day point of contact within the practice to address employee HR questions and refer to appropriate corporate specialists as needed.
· Coach employees on employee relations matters including employee concerns, performance, performance improvement plans (PIP), training and development, advancement, etc.
· Coach managers on employee relations matters including employee concerns, management of performance issues, exit strategies, selected recognition, etc.
· Guide the team in ensuring a smooth on-boarding experience for new hires, including post hire follow-up and integration.
· Organize and provide support for midyear and year-end performance management process with follow-up on individual performance issues surfaced.
· Work with the Resource Managers as appropriate to help ensure matching of project opportunities with employee development needs and other elements of Career Management.
· Keep a pulse on employee morale bringing trends/issues and recommendations to HR Director. As issues are identified (through one-on-one interactions, group discussions, meetings, etc.), discuss them with HR Director and/or others to assess size of issue. Participate in solution development, if appropriate.
· Identify process improvement possibilities and participate in improvement efforts, sharing best practices and ideas across practices.
· Analyze employment practices (e.g., turnover, on boarding, engagement, etc.) prepare trend reports; analyze surveys and development recommendations for the practice.
· Assume a key role on special projects such as the testing/rollout of new products/services.
· Foster teamwork and a positive work environment through frequent collaboration with other HR generalists in promoting best practices. Attend HR meetings and participate in training workshops, research and present HR topics of interest at staff meetings; participate and assist with training incoming HR staff on area of expertise.
· Bachelor's degree required; MBA or advanced degree in HR a plus.
· Minimum of 15+ years in an HR role.
· Prior experience in one or more of the following areas:
o New hire integration
o Policy review and interpretation
o Performance management
o Employee relations
· Strong ability to frame issues and solutions quickly and concisely.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to frame issues and solutions quickly and concisely.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities and competing deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
· Effective at building credibility quickly and maintaining relationships with clients, employees and HR partners.
· Proven ability to manage confidential information.
· Ability to work independently, a self-starter and proactive problem solver.
· Strong Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills.
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.