Create Your Future.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers lasting success. It takes a steady focus and genuine collaboration of our teams to support our clients. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, impactful results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us.
Graphic Designer, Life Sciences
Category: Life Sciences Consulting
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United Kingdom
City: St. Ives
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Popewoodhead, a part of Huron Life Sciences, is hiring a Graphic Designer to join our Digital team in St. Ives.
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative and motivated graphic designer to join our existing UK creative studio. Working as part of a close-knit team, you will be involved in design, development and artwork, in the areas of print, digital, web and social media. Catering for a wide range of global clients, as well as our own marketing and events department.
Essential to succeed in this role, you will possess proven print, branding and layout skills along with demonstrable experience of digital design. You must have a keen eye for detail and be a creative thinker with a structured approach to your work. You will be passionate and creative in dealing with advertising and branding in both the digital and print disciplines. It would be advantageous if you could demonstrate an understanding of user experience and user interface design ‘best practice’ when working with our software development team.
Naturally, you will possess a strong portfolio, with both print and digital examples, from a range of commercial or personal projects.
As a business, we are keen to support employees in their personal development and as a result, role and skill development will be offered.
• To produce high quality design solutions that are suitable for a wide range of print and digital products
• To meet with account managers and clients to discuss the business objectives and requirements of assignments
• To present concepts through to finalised solutions to account managers and clients
• To estimate the time required to complete projects and help to provide quotes for clients
• To create artwork for print or graphics, with specification for digital use, while working within agreed budgets, sometimes to tight deadlines
Essential skills and experience
• A formal qualification in graphic design and commercial experience, preferably in a previous graphic design role
• Innovative creativity with a natural passion for design and a desire to keep up with trends, styles and technologies
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite with an emphasis on InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
• Strong typographic skills for design and layout purposes, coupled with a keen eye for detail
• Confident communication and team working abilities
• Ability to manage multiple projects effectively together with excellent time management
Desired skills and experience
• Illustration skills including the ability to create infographics and iconography
• A clear understanding of user experience and its application to user interface design across a range of platforms and devices
• Willingness to learn new technologies
• Video editing and animation production
• Practical working knowledge of HTML and CSS
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.