Create Your Future.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers lasting success. It takes a steady focus and genuine collaboration of our teams to support our clients. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, impactful results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us.
Expense Audit Analyst, Chicago
Job ID: 4361
Category: Corporate - Finance/Accounting
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Some equations prove quite simple: Join a high-growth company and you will enjoy abundant opportunities to shape the industry in unique, concrete ways. Huron’s corporate team members collaborate with the business to extend their wealth of knowledge and expertise across a vast arena: Human Resources, Marketing, Finance, Technology, Legal, and Facilities. From strategy to execution they partner with the business to solve today’s business challenges and plan for our future. It’s a vital evolutionary circle…one that explains why we profoundly value our corporate team—and why we seek out only the most committed individuals.
If you’re aiming to maximize your potential, Huron will put a roadmap in your capable hands and say, simply, drive. You already possess the passion and expertise to achieve greatness. Now let us help get you there.
Real-world visibility. Top-notch opportunities. First-rate recognition.
The Expense Audit & Reporting Analyst reports to the Disbursements Manager. They will be responsible for maintaining and preparing analytical reports designed to track compliance with the Company’s expense reimbursement policy, and will work with the Disbursements Manager and Associate to coordinate the company’s weekly and semi-monthly reimbursement processes. This position will assist in the review and reconciliation of company-paid credit cards and will help coordinate follow-up on any outstanding credits. The position will also work in conjunction with the Disbursements Manager to perform testing of the company’s expense reporting software as new updates are applied and help implement new expense related software and programs as needed. The position will help coordinate ad-hoc requests and reporting projects in conjunction with the Disbursements Manager and other team members in our Chicago and international offices. The position will also assist in the training of other team members (both in the Chicago and India offices) when new projects are implemented.
• Review complex employee expense reports to ensure reimbursement claims are compliant with company policy
• Coordinate the reporting and adjustment processes involved with the company’s semi-monthly and weekly expense reimbursements
• Review company-paid credit cards prior to payment to ensure compliance with policy
• Monitor and resolve delinquent expense audit requests
• Coordinate ad-hoc reporting of expenses as requested by internal management and clients
• Identify discrepancies and communicate with employees of all levels to resolve issues promptly.
• Confirm approval of expenses with department leaders.
• Run analytic reports out of the company’s accounting and expense report software
• Perform testing and assist in the maintenance of expense reporting software and other financial systems
• Assist in training of other team members as needed
• Assisting with ad hoc reporting and other projects as needed
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
• 1-2 years of professional work experience preferred.
• Recent graduates with internship experience welcome to apply.
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and solve problems
• Strong organizational skills & detail-oriented
• Ability to establish and meet deadlines
• Intermediate to Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
• Expense or Accounting experience preferred with the ability to analyze large amounts of data
• Experience with Accounting and Expense Management Software strongly preferred
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.