Job ID: 2650
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Huron Consulting Group stands out as one of the fastest growing financial and operational consulting firms in the industry serving clients in the healthcare, education, life sciences, and business sectors. Huron helps clients improve performance, transform the enterprise, reduce costs, leverage technology, process and review large amounts of complex data, address regulatory issues, recover from distress and stimulate growth. Our professionals employ their expertise in finance, operations, strategy and technology to provide our clients with specialized analyses and customized solutions that are tailored to address each client’s particular challenges and opportunities to deliver sustainable and measurable results.
At Huron, we know our legacy is dependent on our greatest asset, our people. We understand that when you are considering your next career opportunity, you are assessing how you can make the biggest impact and be challenged with the most rewarding work. Huron’s entrepreneurial spirit is captured in our values based culture. Simply, it’s an unwavering commitment to always do the right thing by its clients, people, shareholders and communities. Huron’s core values – integrity, pursuit of excellence, accountability, collaboration, passion - capture the essence of who we are, how employees interact with others, and how business is conducted. In doing so, our shared values promise alignment of actions, incentives and true results. It’s the Huron way.
What will your legacy be?
Where will your legacy take you?
We invite you to learn more about your career at Huron. Visit us at www.huronconsultinggroup.com
The Executive Assistant/EA Manager will be experienced in handling administrative and executive support related tasks and will supervise the Executive Assistants for our Healthcare practice. This individual must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a diverse business.
• Supervise Executive Assistants and provide coaching and feedback on performance.
• Provide executive support to executives and other key internal stakeholders
• Perform Calendar Management
• Coordinate internal and external meetings, set up conference calls and in-house training/meetings (arrange conference room set up, catering, and audio visual equipment)
• Time and expense report preparation and submission
• Arrange domestic and international travel using company travel services (air, hotel, limo, rental car, visa or passport processing)
• Update sales opportunities/information in Salesforce and run reports as requested
• Prepare and edit correspondence, reports and presentations, ensuring all conform to Firm standard formats
• Performs special projects and/or other administrative functions to support the business as assigned or proactively performed.
• Work well in a highly matrix organization and be adaptable to fast paced environment.
• 8+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant supporting executives, C Level executive support experience a plus
• 2+ years of management experience highly preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Advanced technical skills with Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Salesforce a plus
• Familiarity with online travel tools, and time and expense reporting process
• Strong organizational skills, high-level prioritizing and multi-tasking skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• High degree of flexibility