Let’s Get to Work.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers long-term success for our clients. It takes genuine collaboration, deep expertise, and steady focus. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, long-lasting results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us. We are Huron. Let’s get to work.
Epic Practice Director
Category: Healthcare, Technology
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Imagine sharing your hard-earned IT expertise in the areas of healthcare technology that really matter. We’re talking innovative, customized solutions that Huron’s know-how provides across all EHR platforms. Huron’s Healthcare Technology Services (HTS) team offers diverse and integrated professional opportunities thanks to our partnerships with leading national regional healthcare systems, academic medical centers, community hospitals and physician practices. And by leveraging your professional, technical and industry knowledge, you’ll expand your skills in IT consulting and provide solutions that effect sustainable, meaningful change. Sounds like a team you can get behind, right?
Join Huron’s world-class Healthcare IT Consulting arena… and be prepared to hit the ground running.
The Epic Practice Director is a key member of the technology consulting leadership team and accountable for the talent development, team leadership, direction, and execution of Epic practices. This role is responsible for service and value delivered to clients, along with the associated financial results. The Epic Practice Director ensures quality and consistency exist across practices. The Epic Practice Director works closely with Sales and Consulting Delivery to win client business and develop a dominant position in the healthcare technology consulting market.
The position is centered around practice management providing leadership, strategy, and vision for the Epic practice. The Epic Practice Director will conduct regular reviews of key practice areas including financials, sales pipeline, project health, project resourcing requirements, and consultant utilization and performance. They will be responsible for developing an effective employee base by participating in hiring, employee development, and retention. Additionally, regularly reviews of current tools and methodologies will serve to enhance the quality of services delivered to our clients.
The role will include leading and directing diverse teams of professionals by fostering a collaborative culture. Identifying, creating, and delivering innovative service strategies and tools will generate significant profitable revenue opportunities at new and existing clients. The Epic Practice Director will communicate effectively to a variety of audiences with the goal of influencing the actions of others through presenting on complex projects, leading group discussions, and impactful one on one communications. The role will require a high degree of self-awareness and the ability to accurately gauge others to appropriately guide thinking and behavior in sometimes difficult situations.
- Lead the Epic practice by creating and executing a long term vision and strategy for the practice while maintaining positive team morale and performance
- Demonstrate solid negotiation skills and the ability to effectively manage client expectations for engagement deliverables in order to meet or exceed objectives while maintaining budget
- Provide clear direction, information, resources, and support to achieve goals while fostering a culture of accountability, success, and achievement throughout the organization
- Business development acumen including financial reporting, sales projections, and developing key strategies for business growth
- Ability to generate actionable insights from analytical data including problem solving, quantitative reasoning, and workflow mapping
- Champion partnerships with other business units to encourage growth, integration and ultimately business across internal teams
- Develop and encourage team members to realize their personal career goals resulting in the advancement of their abilities to serve on complex projects
- Solid written communication and documentation skills to create and edit internal and client deliverables that are succinct, articulate, and meet Huron’s standards of quality
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office programs and tools
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Health or Hospital Administration is highly desirable
- Certification in project management and/or change management methodology (Lean, Six Sigma) desired
- Current permanent U.S. work authorization required
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of 10 years of total relevant experience working with teams in the delivery and implementation of large complex electronic health record implementation or performance improvement engagements
- Epic implementation experience in a consulting organization
- Current formal complex project management experience using a defined methodology (Lean/Six Sigma or similar methodologies)
- Willingness to travel approximately 75-100%
- Work extended hours as necessary
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.