Create Your Future.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers lasting success. It takes a steady focus and genuine collaboration of our teams to support our clients. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, impactful results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us.
Entry Level Finance Reporting Analyst, Chicago
Job ID: 4474
Category: Corporate - Finance/Accounting, Technology
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Some equations prove quite simple: Join a high-growth company and you will enjoy abundant opportunities to shape the industry in unique, concrete ways. Huron’s corporate team members collaborate with the business to extend their wealth of knowledge and expertise across a vast arena: Human Resources, Marketing, Finance, Technology, Legal, and Facilities. From strategy to execution they partner with the business to solve today’s business challenges and plan for our future. It’s a vital evolutionary circle…one that explains why we profoundly value our corporate team—and why we seek out only the most committed individuals.
If you’re aiming to maximize your potential, Huron will put a roadmap in your capable hands and say, simply, drive. You already possess the passion and expertise to achieve greatness. Now let us help get you there.
Real-world visibility. Top-notch opportunities. First-rate recognition.
This is an entry-level position within Finance and Accounting that requires technical proficiency and general business acumen. You will be as a working on a daily basis as a Business Analyst with members of the Finance and Accounting team as well as interacting with members of the consulting practice and other corporate departments.
• Development and maintenance of custom financial management system reporting using standard tools, specifically SAP Business Objects and Microsoft SQL Server Query tools. Ad hoc report development as required.
• Assistance with maintenance and development of SQL views, stored procedures, custom tables, etc.
• Assistance with Jet Data Manager data warehouse including implementing security, scheduling jobs, and troubleshooting issues
• Maintain and troubleshoot any issues with existing Jet Reports and assist with end user requests to meet their reporting needs
• Research, design, and implement new technologies and upgrades to existing technologies to continuously streamline the reporting process and make reports more useful
• Learn to assume ownership of the maintenance and development of Elite Extend reporting, an event driven reporting tool. This will begin with basic maintenance and documentation and will grow to custom SQL development as quickly as you are able to get up to speed.
• Assistance with regular accounting department business cycle processes as needed, such as month-end procedures
• Coordination of project work with accounting, finance, and finance operations group for system improvements and application implementation.
• Participation in special projects as necessary to continue to improve systems and processes.
• Provide Business Objects training to new employees or those that need assistance on an ad hoc basis.
• Create, organize, and maintain documentation of our existing processes and reports.
• Proactively seek out training opportunities to continue to develop your technical and soft-skills.
• SQL query and stored procedure programming experience
• Understanding of business processes, financial processes
• Understanding of database fundamentals, data warehouses and ETL tools
• Strong experience with Microsoft Excel
• Strong teamwork abilities
• Self-starter with ability to drive projects with minimal supervision
• Calm under pressure and able to quickly shift priorities as business needs change
• Capability to work on multiple high-priority projects while prioritizing workload to meet commitments
• A creative problem solver and self-sufficient troubleshooter
• Intellectual curiosity
• An excellent communicator, both verbally and written.
• Organized and detail-orientated
• Ability to maintain outstanding documentation
• Come to work with an outstanding attitude each day, be teachable and willing to learn
• Reliable and manages time well
• Bachelor's Degree (or Equivalent) in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field.
• Experience developing custom reports using SAP Business Objects and JET Data Manager
• Experience developing Microsoft Excel macros, building models and working with more complicated features and functions
• Good U/I design skills
• An internship or previous work experience in a professional environment
• Knowledge/experience with any management information systems
• Experience with Thompson Reuters Elite Enterprise Software
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.