Job ID: 3-NY
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
City: New York
Job Type: Part-time
Huron Consulting Group stands out as one of the fastest growing financial and operational consulting firms in the industry serving clients in the healthcare, education, life sciences, and business sectors. Huron helps clients improve performance, transform the enterprise, reduce costs, leverage technology, process and review large amounts of complex data, address regulatory issues, recover from distress and stimulate growth. Our professionals employ their expertise in finance, operations, strategy and technology to provide our clients with specialized analyses and customized solutions that are tailored to address each client’s particular challenges and opportunities to deliver sustainable and measurable results.
At Huron, we know our legacy is dependent on our greatest asset, our people. We understand that when you are considering your next career opportunity, you are assessing how you can make the biggest impact and be challenged with the most rewarding work. Huron’s entrepreneurial spirit is captured in our values based culture. Simply, it’s an unwavering commitment to always do the right thing by its clients, people, shareholders and communities. Huron’s core values – integrity, pursuit of excellence, accountability, collaboration, passion - capture the essence of who we are, how employees interact with others, and how business is conducted. In doing so, our shared values promise alignment of actions, incentives and true results. It’s the Huron way.
What will your legacy be?
Job Practice Description:
Huron Business Advisory resolves complex business issues and enhances value. HBA offers a full suite of services in key areas, including forensic investigations, transaction advisory, restructuring and turnaround, interim management, capital raising, operational improvement, and valuation. Our senior-level team members have vast experience in a range of industries, with many serving as C-level executives, so we can quickly analyze a business situation and apply our knowledge to finding a workable solution. With this breadth of expertise, we can drive improvement at middle-market companies and larger businesses and apply flexible staffing models to deliver the best possible outcome for our clients
Where will your legacy take you?
We invite you to learn more about your career at Huron. Visit us at www.huronconsultinggroup.com
The growth of the Business Advisory practice and our overall commitment to ensuring that all financial models such as projections, forecasts, budgets, and other types of financial or operating data is independently reviewed, requires that we consider hiring a dedicated, part-time Director level resource to support the Quality Control Managing Director in insuring compliance with established assurance protocols.
This Quality Control Model Review Lead being sought requires a strong customer service orientation understanding that for the most part, the work is deadline sensitive which requires, timely turnaround of reviewed and prepared information which may occasionally result in working evenings or weekends as needed on an individual case by case basis. The work location for this role is flexible.
The skills and experience required for the Quality Control Model Lead shall include the following:
• Outstanding Excel skills- including expertise with pivot table development and other sophisticated Excel and Microsoft tools
• A minimum of four (4) years of experience building high level cash flow projection and multi- level integrated financial statement and models
• Demonstrated analytical skills and creative thinking
• A minimum of 5 years of comprehensive business experience as either a financial and operating consultant, or tenure as part of an internal management team
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Previous experience as a reviewer of the work of others’ models or financial projections Sound professional judgement
• Ability to be part of a team while at the same time exhibiting independent thought
• A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, finance, or accounting, is required; an MBA or CPA is highly desired