Create Your Future.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers long-term success for our clients. It takes genuine collaboration, deep expertise, and steady focus. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, long-lasting results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us. We are Huron. Create Your Future.
Job ID: 3555
Category: Healthcare, Technology
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Imagine sharing your hard-earned technical expertise in the areas of healthcare that really matter. We’re talking innovative, customized software solutions that Huron’s know-how provides across all electronic health record platforms. Huron’s Healthcare software team offers diverse and cutting-edge opportunities thanks to our partnerships with leading national healthcare systems, academic medical centers, community hospitals and physician practices. And by leveraging your technical prowess, you’ll have a hand in building Huron’s next generation of healthcare software tools and provide solutions that effect sustainable, meaningful change. Sounds like a team you can get behind, right?
Join Huron’s world-class Healthcare Software team… and be prepared to hit the ground running.
Let’s get to work – together.
The Huron Healthcare Software Group is looking for a DevOps Manager with a passion for quality, a solid technical foundation and excellent organizational skills to manage and bring excellence, transparency and predictability to our DevOps team. If you are someone who understands the value that DevOps can bring, the people, processes and tools required, and a passion for innovation, then we want you at Huron!
What we’re looking for:
• You are a self-starter with a consistent track record of success building DevOps teams, processes and tools in a secure and scalable manner.
• You will also have experience in managing technical releases which can be inclusive of application updates, operational updates, security improvements, hardware upgrades, API changes, client-side updates, DevOps configuration changes and UX/UI changes.
• Where necessary you’ll provide tools, services and technical oversight to assure product teams successfully deploy high quality releases into production.
• You will be responsible for implementing and managing releases for code through development, test, and production environments.
• Lead and mature a DevOps team(s), their processes and tools (includes both on/off shore)
• Partner with stakeholders to identify and implement DevOps elements into the organization and establish best practices
• Ability to streamline development and QA processes through DevOps
• Maintain all environments and assure consistency and security throughout
• Maintain standards for SCM, Build, Repository Management, CI/CD, Configuration & Provisioning, Deployment and Environment Management process and tool standards
• Integrate DevOps into Release Management
• Assure DevOps scales ubiquitously for hosted, customer on premise, and cloud-based strategies
• Work with third-parties for integration of DevOps practices
• Continually innovate and reduce technical debt
• As required, perform troubleshooting and root cause analysis on release issues
• Assure successful releases from Development, Test, Staging/UAT and Integration to Production
• Researches new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs
• Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule, quality and operational readiness
• Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
• Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, scope changes, and impacts to operations
• Build relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
• Produce deployment, technical run books and implementation plans
• Weekly release reporting dashboards
• Communicate release details and schedules to the business as required
• Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
• Work with release engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges
• 3+ years in leading DevOps practices and teams
• 5+ years of previous management experience in a technology function
• Good understanding of enterprise application technology architecture, components, databases, networking, infrastructure as code, etc.
• 3+ years experience working in an Agile software development environment and strong understanding of SDLC best practices
• Advanced understanding of SaaS based solutions hosted in the cloud (AWS, Hosting.com…)
• Knowledge of custom software, 3rd party integration program
• Experienced in Transition from development stage to support and production readiness
• Strong experience in day to day production reality – availability, root cause and correlation analysis.
• Experience in supporting complex environment upgrades and release deployment encompassing Application, Infrastructure and 3rd party packages (HW, OS, Middleware, Application – system to system, subsystem to subsystem)
• Knowledge of configuration & release management processes
• Ability to proposed alternative approach to improve efficiency and accuracy
• Technical knowledge of Linux & Windows based platforms
• Familiarity with shifting products from an OnPrem to SaaS model
• Working knowledge of SDLC including Agile methodologies
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.