Let’s Get to Work.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers long-term success for our clients. It takes genuine collaboration, deep expertise, and steady focus. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, long-lasting results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us. We are Huron. Let’s get to work.
Data Management Leader, Healthcare - SD/D
Job ID: 3339
Category: Administrative, Healthcare
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
When you look back on your legacy 10 years from now, 15 years from now…what will you see? Huron healthcare associates have the answer. “I developed strategies for health systems that navigated the complexities of an ever-changing environment”…”I helped clients gain insights, set direction, reduce complexity, operate efficiently and build a healthy organizational culture”…”I was on the forefront of clinical transformation helping clients deliver exceptional patient care while minimizing costs”…”I was on the cutting edge—building population health models, embracing new payment structures and leveraging the latest technologies.”
Our approach to our clients’ business is rooted in our belief that change is an opportunity, not an obstacle. Are you ready to re-imagine your future…redefine your purpose? If so, you’ve come to the right place.
Your legacy begins now… with unbridled inspiration to effect meaningful change.
Huron offers a full-range of consulting services primarily to acute healthcare providers. Our practice has evolved over several years through acquisition and critical hires. Although we are disciplined in our engagement approach and have best-in-class transformation skills for our clients, we do not use technology effectively to assure we are consistent, efficient, and accurate in our pursuit and delivery of services. Delivery of our services requires substantial data collection, aggregation, computation, and analysis, but our current techniques and technologies are out of date. As we have grown to serve hundreds of healthcare delivery organizations, the volume and complexity of our data requirements has substantially increased. We are seeking a “Data Management” leader to serve as a member of a core team to design and implement a “data-driven” delivery capability for our practice. The Data Management leader will have primary responsibility over introducing and managing leading practices related to data governance, acquisition, cleansing, storage, and analysis in service to consulting solution delivery. It is our expectation that through improved practices, the DML will create value through increased speed to value, improved quality in engagement delivery, and higher employee satisfaction.
• Work with Huron leaders, third parties and clients to define requirements and architect our next generation data management solution. This will include overseeing the development of the solution via phased builds that add value to Huron and our clients.
• Design a data acquisition solution with components that simplify client dependencies in obtaining clean, accurate data. Data is acquired from both third parties, via license agreements, and from clients directly. Terabytes of both structured and unstructured data acquisition will need to be supported.
• Drive the development and deployment of the enterprise's data and analytics platform for the Healthcare practice. It will be critical to work with internal stakeholders to establish vision, to govern and to create a culture that manages data as an enterprise asset.
• Develop data management solution components that enable data validation, cleansing and standardization to support analyses in a timely manner. Part of the transformation will also include applying third party benchmarks and standards to the cleansed data to support analysis. Data transformation will require matching data from multiple data sources without a common key. For example, connecting data from multiple sources regarding an employee, physician, payer, or patient.
• Create a data management solution that ensures data is securely housed yet provides virtual connectivity for remote analysis 24x7x365. Analysis needs will evolve over time but include both virtual (Excel/BI/Visualization) and predictive (statistical) analytic requirements in addition to traditional reporting.
• Work with Huron’s compliance function to meet regulatory, third party, and client specific requirements (e.g., HIPAA).
• Identify and standardize the use and governance of data and analytics in support of the enterprise's business strategy. This includes the governance of data and algorithms used for analysis, analytical applications and automated decision making.
• Institute a programmatic approach for enterprise information management to identify, prioritize and execute the data and analytic initiatives with clear line of sight to enterprise strategies and business outcomes.
• Design analytics workflows that support data governance objectives while also allowing for required speed and flexibility by business users and consultants on any given project.
• Work with and support the Healthcare Software Group in aligning with and advancing market facing software products that may also leverage the data management capabilities and infrastructure.
A bachelor's or master's degree in business administration, computer science, data science, information science or related field, or equivalent work experience. Academic qualification or professional training and experience in legal and regulatory areas are also desirable.
• Fifteen or more years of business experience, ideally in business management, legal, financial or information or IT management. Broad business experience internally and within the vertical industry is desired.
• Five or more years as a data analytics leader, over-seeing cross-functional teams and enterprise programs, operating and influencing effectively across the organization and within complex contexts.
• Proven data literacy; the ability to describe business use cases/outcomes, data sources and management concepts, and analytical approaches/options. The ability to translate among the languages used by executive, business, IT and client stakeholders.
• Gravitas to develop a framework for information and analytics governance, as well as to sell and embed it in all levels of the business.
• Proven record of effective leadership, including the ability to balance team and individual responsibilities; building teams and consensus; getting things done through others not directly under his/her supervision; working ethically and with integrity.
• Broad experience in multiple domain areas, such as data warehousing, business intelligence (BI), data governance, data architecture, data integration, data classification, data strategy, data quality management, data security and privacy, MDM, data standards, regulatory compliance, and enterprise architecture frameworks.
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.