Let’s Get to Work.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers long-term success for our clients. It takes genuine collaboration, deep expertise, and steady focus. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, long-lasting results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us. We are Huron. Let’s get to work.
Content Marketing Associate
Job ID: 3246
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Some equations prove quite simple: Join a high-growth company and you will enjoy abundant opportunities to shape the industry in unique, concrete ways. Huron’s corporate team members collaborate with the business to extend their wealth of knowledge and expertise across a vast arena: Human Resources, Marketing, Finance, Technology, Legal, and Facilities. From strategy to execution they solve immediate challenges while crafting future approaches. It’s a vital evolutionary circle…one that explains why we profoundly value our corporate team—and why we seek out only the most committed individuals.
If you’re aiming to maximize your potential, Huron will put a roadmap in your capable hands and say, simply, drive. You already possess the passion and expertise to achieve greatness. Now let us help get you there.
Real-world visibility. Top-notch opportunities. First-rate recognition.
Leave your mark at Huron.
Our Content Marketing team includes content associates who work with marketing leaders and subject matter experts in a specific industry or industries. These associates help to craft compelling storylines that are built into assets and delivered digitally to buyers and influencers. This position focuses on higher education.
• Conceptualize topics using independent research and input from subject matter experts (SMEs), then incorporating a strong point of view and responsiveness to changing market needs.
• Write and edit content for various asset types, including articles, newsletters, videos, infographics, case studies and blog posts, as well as supporting assets such as emails, resource page content and ads.
• Demonstrate flexibility through a creative, storytelling writing style that engages readers and the ability to develop big-idea topics and practical or technical subjects as needed.
• Interview SMEs for research and quotation.
• Work with industry marketers and content manager to develop messaging.
• Work with marketing colleagues to apply buyer personas across the customer lifecycle.
• Manage review process, incorporating feedback from SMEs and industry marketers.
• Work with content manager, industry marketers and SMEs to audit content, identifying content gaps and opportunities to update or repurpose content.
• Develop and maintain editorial calendar.
• Understand and communicate metrics and digital strategy to stakeholders.
• Recommend content strategy to marketers based on leading practices and knowledge of higher education.
The content associate must be an accurate and detailed writer and editor capable of networking across the organization and industry. He or she must be able to translate direction and feedback from SMEs and marketers into compelling content.
The position will report to the manager of content strategy and operations.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing or communications strongly preferred.
• At least four years of experience in writing and editing business-oriented marketing content and relevant clips.
• Excellent interviewing, writing and editing skills.
• Firm understanding of SEO keywords and concepts behind branded writing.
• Desire and aptitude to work in a fast-paced environment.
Content marketing experience and strong commitment to learning the higher education industry.
• Ability to support other areas such as life sciences.
• Ability to conduct research and translate general themes and direction into focused topics with a point of view.
• Ability to handle complex review process and diplomatically incorporate feedback from marketing and SMEs.
• Proficiency in building strong working relationships across marketing department and the organization.
• Curiosity about higher education and related offerings and topics.
• Solid interview skills.
• Strong project management skills.
• Strong understanding of marketing disciplines, functions.
• Understanding of key digital and business metrics.
• Knowledge of professional services marketing preferred.
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.