Job ID: 2312
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Huron Consulting Group stands out as one of the fastest growing financial and operational consulting firms in the industry serving clients in the healthcare, education, life sciences, and business sectors. Huron helps clients improve performance, transform the enterprise, reduce costs, leverage technology, process and review large amounts of complex data, address regulatory issues, recover from distress and stimulate growth. Our professionals employ their expertise in finance, operations, strategy and technology to provide our clients with specialized analyses and customized solutions that are tailored to address each client’s particular challenges and opportunities to deliver sustainable and measurable results.
At Huron, we know our legacy is dependent on our greatest asset, our people. We understand that when you are considering your next career opportunity, you are assessing how you can make the biggest impact and be challenged with the most rewarding work. Huron’s entrepreneurial spirit is captured in our values based culture. Simply, it’s an unwavering commitment to always do the right thing by its clients, people, shareholders and communities. Huron’s core values – integrity, pursuit of excellence, accountability, collaboration, passion - capture the essence of who we are, how employees interact with others, and how business is conducted. In doing so, our shared values promise alignment of actions, incentives and true results. It’s the Huron way.
What will your legacy be?
Job Practice Description:
The healthcare industry is rapidly evolving. Healthcare leaders—from large multi-hospital systems and academic medical centers to smaller community hospitals and physician practices—are addressing ways to achieve transformation of the healthcare enterprise. Huron Consulting Group’s Healthcare practice partners with hospitals and health systems nationwide to achieve their goals and mission, specializing in the implementation of an integrated suite of solutions that improves financial and operational performance while increasing physician, patient, and employee engagement and loyalty across the hospital enterprise. Huron Healthcare has dedicated its legacy to delivering sustainable and scalable healthcare transformation solutions in enterprise strategy, clinical transformation, revenue optimization, cost management and technology.
Job Solution Group Description:
Using your organizational goals as a guide, Huron Healthcare’s Strategy & Advisory solution provides the right transformation plan to accelerate clinical, operational, and financial performance. As the industry moves away from a fee-for-service model, hospitals, health systems, and physician organizations are at a critical point in determining their ability to succeed in a rapidly changing environment, which requires market based, strategic decision making. In order to remain a competitive healthcare provider and sustain future growth, organizations must conduct a strategic assessment of new growth models, and healthcare delivery, while continuously evaluating and addressing issues related to quality, access to capital, technology, and physician and patient engagement and loyalty. Huron creates the connection between strategy and performance improvement – a collaboration that offers healthcare providers a streamlined communication plan aimed at rapid results and sustainable change.
Where will your legacy take you?
We invite you to learn more about your career at Huron. Visit us at www.huronconsultinggroup.com
Senior Directors in the Healthcare Strategy & Advisory practice are responsible for leading major strategy engagements for some of the most significant healthcare institutions in the United States. Working closely with our Managing Directors to deliver the highest quality consulting services to our clients, Senior Directors have significant responsibility for managing large complex engagements ranging from advising large academic medical centers to multi-state, integrated delivery systems. You will effectively communicate and build relationships with client executives and management to assess strategic needs, provide a view of the future and design solutions that meet or exceed our clients’ expectations. You will lead and oversee multiple project teams by creating collaborative, high performance work environments while continually addressing issues and ensuring successful outcomes throughout the project. We expect Senior Directors’ to work collaboratively in a team environment while also exercising appropriate autonomy when needed to meet job requirements.
Senior Directors have close collaboration with Huron managing directors in areas of thought leadership, staff development, intellectual property creation sales, speaking engagements and development of client relationships
Our Senior Director led consulting teams work primarily onsite with client teams, as well as in Huron Healthcare offices, analyzing and leveraging strategic, operational and financial data of our client organizations. Senior Directors will design and facilitate the development and implementation of recommendations, maintain schedules, and attend meetings with the client. They will leverage the qualitative and quantitative input to drive the effective strategic performance in:
? Strategic Growth
? Service Line Development
? Healthcare Mergers & Acquisitions
? Transaction Advisory Support
? Organizational Redesign
? Health System Network Development
? Population Health infrastructure
? Health System Integration
Senior Directors within the Healthcare Strategy and Advisory practice will work with Huron senior leadership to develop and present findings, created C-suite level presentations and are engaged in a collaborative and fast evolving industry environment. Senior Directors are expected to thrive in a dynamic collaborative team environment while also exercising appropriate autonomy when needed to meet job requirements. They are expected to supervise the work of Directors, Managers, Associates and Analysts on the project team and help them develop by providing mentorship and coaching. Senior Directors must demonstrate high integrity and ethical standards along with a commitment to Huron by championing company values and administrative practices.
Senior Directors are responsible for participating in business development activities. They are expected to develop strong, lasting trusted advisor business relationships with clients that lead to positive references and follow-on work. They are expected to play a supporting role in new business development, (e.g., opportunity identification, proposal development, material preparation for sales meetings, etc.) and assist in originating and selling.
Senior Directors in the Healthcare Strategy & Advisory practice must have demonstrated performance in the following:
• Directing and Leading Teams
- Oversee client engagements and lead diverse teams to successfully achieve project objectives
Successfully work with, and lead a diverse group of professionals and personalities in a team environment
- Orchestrate multiple complex work streams through others by directing and leading, not necessarily doing
- Identify, create, drive and deliver innovative strategies
- Provide quality control and performance outcomes for work performed by the engagement team
- Manage $1-3M+ in revenue (one or multiple engagements) annually while managing project budgets
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills including decision making, communication, effective conflict resolution, motivating others, self-awareness and team building
• Project Management
- Manage, contain and deliver on client expectations around project activities, timelines, deliverables and outcomes providing leverage to Huron Managing Directors
- Collaborate with project planning and staff scheduling to ensure appropriate leverage of resources
- Utilize proprietary tracking tools to measure project progress
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships to expand current projects and identify new business, and cross-selling opportunities
- Actively participate in business origination activities and materially participate in the annual sale of $500K-$1M of new work
- Build a strong network of client and industry relationships which strengthen the Huron prominence in the market and provide avenues that generate new business
• Communication and Executive Disposition
- Communicate effectively (written and verbal) to a variety of audiences; must be able to persuade and influence the actions of others; Interactions will range from routine to complex and include formal and informal presentations, one-on-one and group discussions
- Represent Huron Healthcare with poise, professionalism and confidence
- Prepare final client status reports and create presentations to clients and engagement staff that demonstrate full command of the material
- Manage day-to-day client relationships including primary ownership for client executive team
• Practice and Team Development
- Serve as a leader in practice management and innovation which includes creating and enhancing current tools, methodologies, recruiting practices, personnel development and business development processes
- Play a key role in the retention, professional development and performance review of staff, including the mentoring, coaching and recruiting of staff
- Apply strong analytical and critical thinking skills to lead our teams in developing solutions to difficult or complex client situations to ensure goals and objectives are met, including delivering results on time and within budget
- Lead and focus team efforts in data analysis, data interpretation, process design, and formulating conclusions and recommendations
- Digest large amounts of information/data and distill it into an integrated, concise presentation
• Current permanent U.S. work authorization required
• Graduate Master’s Degree required: MBA, MHA, MPH
• A minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in strategy for the healthcare industry
• Proven success generating a minimum of $1.5M from prior organizations
• Key skills and experience:
- Extensive consulting firm and leadership experience in one or more of the following areas: Hospital and health system strategy and organizational structure, service line planning and development, mergers & acquisitions of provider organizations, transaction support and design of joint ventures, joint operating companies and strategic alliances between provider organizations, regional health system network development and execution.
- Proven success in managing large teams and complex projects (work plans, budgets, goal setting)
- Supervisory and team development experience, including the development and delivery of performance evaluations, coaching and mentoring on a day-to-day basis
- Demonstrate emotional intelligence to appropriately guide thinking and behavior, especially in difficult situations. Demonstrate strong negotiation skills and the ability to effectively persuade others
- Multi-task across directing projects, leading teams, managing clients, building new business and developing people. Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and make sound decisions.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office programs and tools
• Willingness to travel 80% (Monday-Thursday)
• Living location can be anywhere within the contiguous 48 states and near a major airport