Let’s Get to Work.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers long-term success for our clients. It takes genuine collaboration, deep expertise, and steady focus. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, long-lasting results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us. We are Huron. Let’s get to work.
Consulting Senior Director, Healthcare Strategic Advisory Solutions
Job ID: 2312
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
The healthcare industry is rapidly evolving. Healthcare leaders—from large multi-hospital systems and academic medical centers to smaller community hospitals and physician practices—are addressing ways to achieve transformation of the healthcare enterprise. Huron Consulting Group’s Healthcare practice partners with hospitals and health systems nationwide to achieve their goals and mission, specializing in the implementation of an integrated suite of solutions that improves financial and operational performance while increasing physician, patient, and employee engagement and loyalty across the hospital enterprise. Huron Healthcare has dedicated its legacy to delivering sustainable and scalable healthcare transformation solutions in enterprise strategy, clinical transformation, revenue optimization, cost management and technology.
Senior Directors in the Healthcare Strategy & Advisory practice are responsible for leading major strategy engagements for some of the most significant healthcare institutions in the United States. Working closely with our Managing Directors to deliver the highest quality consulting services to our clients, Senior Directors have significant responsibility for managing large complex engagements ranging from advising large academic medical centers to multi-state, integrated delivery systems. You will effectively communicate and build relationships with client executives and management to assess strategic needs, provide a view of the future and design solutions that meet or exceed our clients’ expectations. You will lead and oversee multiple project teams by creating collaborative, high performance work environments while continually addressing issues and ensuring successful outcomes throughout the project. We expect Senior Directors’ to work collaboratively in a team environment while also exercising appropriate autonomy when needed to meet job requirements.
Senior Directors have close collaboration with Huron managing directors in areas of thought leadership, staff development, intellectual property creation sales, speaking engagements and development of client relationships
Our Senior Director led consulting teams work primarily onsite with client teams, as well as in Huron Healthcare offices, analyzing and leveraging strategic, operational and financial data of our client organizations. Senior Directors will design and facilitate the development and implementation of recommendations, maintain schedules, and attend meetings with the client. They will leverage the qualitative and quantitative input to drive the effective strategic performance in:
? Strategic Growth
? Service Line Development
? Healthcare Mergers & Acquisitions
? Transaction Advisory Support
? Organizational Redesign
? Health System Network Development
? Population Health infrastructure
? Health System Integration
Senior Directors within the Healthcare Strategy and Advisory practice will work with Huron senior leadership to develop and present findings, created C-suite level presentations and are engaged in a collaborative and fast evolving industry environment. Senior Directors are expected to thrive in a dynamic collaborative team environment while also exercising appropriate autonomy when needed to meet job requirements. They are expected to supervise the work of Directors, Managers, Associates and Analysts on the project team and help them develop by providing mentorship and coaching. Senior Directors must demonstrate high integrity and ethical standards along with a commitment to Huron by championing company values and administrative practices.
Senior Directors are responsible for participating in business development activities. They are expected to develop strong, lasting trusted advisor business relationships with clients that lead to positive references and follow-on work. They are expected to play a supporting role in new business development, (e.g., opportunity identification, proposal development, material preparation for sales meetings, etc.) and assist in originating and selling.
• Current permanent U.S. work authorization required
• Graduate Master’s Degree required: MBA, MHA, MPH
• A minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in strategy for the healthcare industry
• Proven success generating a minimum of $1.5M from prior organizations
• Key skills and experience:
- Extensive consulting firm and leadership experience in one or more of the following areas: Hospital and health system strategy and organizational structure, service line planning and development, mergers & acquisitions of provider organizations, transaction support and design of joint ventures, joint operating companies and strategic alliances between provider organizations, regional health system network development and execution.
- Proven success in managing large teams and complex projects (work plans, budgets, goal setting)
- Supervisory and team development experience, including the development and delivery of performance evaluations, coaching and mentoring on a day-to-day basis
- Demonstrate emotional intelligence to appropriately guide thinking and behavior, especially in difficult situations. Demonstrate strong negotiation skills and the ability to effectively persuade others
- Multi-task across directing projects, leading teams, managing clients, building new business and developing people. Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and make sound decisions.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office programs and tools
• Willingness to travel 80% (Monday-Thursday)
• Living location can be anywhere within the contiguous 48 states and near a major airport
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.