Job ID: 2250
Category: Finance/Accounting, Business Advisory, Technology
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
City: San Francisco
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Huron Consulting Group stands out as one of the fastest growing financial and operational consulting firms in the industry serving clients in the healthcare, education, life sciences, and business sectors. Huron helps clients improve performance, transform the enterprise, reduce costs, leverage technology, process and review large amounts of complex data, address regulatory issues, recover from distress and stimulate growth. Our professionals employ their expertise in finance, operations, strategy and technology to provide our clients with specialized analyses and customized solutions that are tailored to address each client’s particular challenges and opportunities to deliver sustainable and measurable results.
At Huron, we know our legacy is dependent on our greatest asset, our people. We understand that when you are considering your next career opportunity, you are assessing how you can make the biggest impact and be challenged with the most rewarding work. Huron’s entrepreneurial spirit is captured in our values based culture. Simply, it’s an unwavering commitment to always do the right thing by its clients, people, shareholders and communities. Huron’s core values – integrity, pursuit of excellence, accountability, collaboration, passion - capture the essence of who we are, how employees interact with others, and how business is conducted. In doing so, our shared values promise alignment of actions, incentives and true results. It’s the Huron way.
What will your legacy be?
Job Practice Description:
Huron’s Enterprise Solutions and Analytics practice delivers solutions that help organizations manage and optimize their financial performance, operational efficiency, and client experience. With expertise in full-service enterprise performance management, business analytics, CRM, and big data professional services, Huron helps global clients across industries drive results and gain competitive advantage. Our comprehensive offerings include organizational improvements and software consulting leveraging both cloud and on-premise configurations. Huron is a Platinum level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) and a Gold level partner of the Salesforce.com partner network.
Job Solution Group Description:
We understand the financial organization, and the different roles, responsibilities, and relationships within it. In order to enable the finance organization to be successful at managing the business, Huron offers a unique and effective solution that renders a 360-degree view of the enterprise. From month-end reporting, to current year budgeting, forecasting and analysis, to long range or strategic planning; from the accountant or analyst, to the manager, to the executive, Huron uses the optimal combination of financial expertise and technological prowess to deliver end-to-end financial solutions that provide alignment across the different roles in the finance organization. As a result, your company can be productive when managing the business.
Where will your legacy take you?
We invite you to learn more about your career at Huron. Visit us at www.huronconsultinggroup.com
*This position can be based anywhere on the West Coast of the United States*
The Consulting Manager (Financial Close) will work closely in a team environment with both Huron team members and client functional and technical professionals to implement financial software systems. The Consulting Manager (Financial Close) will lead application design aspects and the assessment of project requirements and deliverables to identify the best solution for our clients. The ideal candidate will be interested in expanding his or her technical skills with other Oracle/Hyperion tools such as Close Manager, Hyperion Planning, Essbase, OBIEE, etc. Experience with business processes, financial close and reporting is ideal.
The Consulting Manager will be responsible to:
• Work closely with client management and users to define requirements and project scope
• Serve as key team member to help design and architect solutions that meet client requirements with respect to close management and account reconciliations
• Provide mentoring and training services to other team members as needed
• Have an understanding of corporate accounting concepts including: US GAAP and FASB regulations; consolidated financial statements; currency translation; and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
• Design and deploy HFM as part of a full EPM solution environment
• At least 6 years’ implementation experience with HFM/FDM
• Experience with project management and/or software package implementation process
• Financial reporting and analysis experience
• Understanding of the financial close cycle and related best practices
• Experience creating consolidated financial statements for public and private companies
• Experience with intercompany eliminations
• Experience with foreign currency translation and the effect of currency translation on the financial statements
• Understanding of joint ventures, direct and indirect ownership structures and equity pickup
• Hands on experience in application roll-out
• Experience with designing and creating security as well as provisioning users in Shared Services
• Knowledge in end to end process automation and interface design
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong client management skills
• Prior team management experience, experience managing people (mentoring, delegating, reviewing work, and coaching staff)
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting required; or equivalent experience
• Willingness to travel up to 80%
• Experience with other Hyperion tools
• Experience with ERP systems (Oracle EBS, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards and SAP)
• Experience with BI technologies
• Experience as a consultant working with multiple clients
• Oracle certifications
• CPA is a plus