Let’s Get to Work.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers long-term success for our clients. It takes genuine collaboration, deep expertise, and steady focus. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, long-lasting results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us. We are Huron. Let’s get to work.
Consulting Manager - Oracle EPM (Financial Close - West Coast)
Job ID: 2250
Category: Finance/Accounting, Business Advisory, Technology
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
City: San Francisco
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Huron’s Enterprise Solutions and Analytics practice delivers solutions that help organizations manage and optimize their financial performance, operational efficiency, and client experience. With expertise in full-service enterprise performance management, business analytics, CRM, and big data professional services, Huron helps global clients across industries drive results and gain competitive advantage. Our comprehensive offerings include organizational improvements and software consulting leveraging both cloud and on-premise configurations. Huron is a Platinum level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) and a Gold level partner of the Salesforce.com partner network.
*This position can be based anywhere on the West Coast of the United States*
The Consulting Manager (Financial Close) will work closely in a team environment with both Huron team members and client functional and technical professionals to implement financial software systems. The Consulting Manager (Financial Close) will lead application design aspects and the assessment of project requirements and deliverables to identify the best solution for our clients. The ideal candidate will be interested in expanding his or her technical skills with other Oracle/Hyperion tools such as Close Manager, Hyperion Planning, Essbase, OBIEE, etc. Experience with business processes, financial close and reporting is ideal.
The Consulting Manager will be responsible to:
• Work closely with client management and users to define requirements and project scope
• Serve as key team member to help design and architect solutions that meet client requirements with respect to close management and account reconciliations
• Provide mentoring and training services to other team members as needed
• Have an understanding of corporate accounting concepts including: US GAAP and FASB regulations; consolidated financial statements; currency translation; and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
• Design and deploy HFM as part of a full EPM solution environment
• At least 6 years’ implementation experience with HFM/FDM
• Experience with project management and/or software package implementation process
• Financial reporting and analysis experience
• Understanding of the financial close cycle and related best practices
• Experience creating consolidated financial statements for public and private companies
• Experience with intercompany eliminations
• Experience with foreign currency translation and the effect of currency translation on the financial statements
• Understanding of joint ventures, direct and indirect ownership structures and equity pickup
• Hands on experience in application roll-out
• Experience with designing and creating security as well as provisioning users in Shared Services
• Knowledge in end to end process automation and interface design
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong client management skills
• Prior team management experience, experience managing people (mentoring, delegating, reviewing work, and coaching staff)
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting required; or equivalent experience
• Willingness to travel up to 80%
• Experience with other Hyperion tools
• Experience with ERP systems (Oracle EBS, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards and SAP)
• Experience with BI technologies
• Experience as a consultant working with multiple clients
• Oracle certifications
• CPA is a plus
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.