Create Your Future.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers lasting success. It takes a steady focus and genuine collaboration of our teams to support our clients. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, impactful results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us.
Consulting Manager, Hospital Supply Chain Support Services
Category: Healthcare Consulting
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
The multi-faceted role you’ve been looking for… Managers play a vibrant, integral role at Huron. Their invaluable knowledge reflects in the projects they manage, and the teams they lead. Known for being political savvy, they build long-standing partnerships with clients, while collaborating with colleagues to solve their most important challenges. In fact, they shape and deliver results that seamlessly align with client goals, visions and missions. Remarkably versatile, our Managers also spend significant time mentoring junior staff on the engagement team—where they tirelessly share expertise as well as feedback and encouragement. This benefits Huron profoundly as it promotes a culture of respect, unity, collaboration, and personal achievement.
Our environment inspires and rewards growth… As a Manager, you have the unique ability to specialize in certain areas that showcase and employ your areas of expertise while pursuing your “career vision”. Huron is big enough to offer the opportunity and exposure you need for your career growth—but small enough to give you individual attention for your professional development. Every associate adds to who we are as an organization—and the more you evolve, the more we do. An exciting career experience awaits you: It’s intense… it’s analytically rigorous… it’s practical… it’s entrepreneurial… it’s intellectually stimulating—and most definitely—it’s career-defining… It’s the Huron Way
Let’s get to work – together.
• Current permanent U.S. work authorization required
• A minimum of 8 years relevant support services experience: food and/or EVS experience within a hospital/health system or contract management provider
• Willingness and ability to travel every week (Monday-Thursday)
• Work extended hours as necessary
• Bachelor’s degree in Dietetics, Hospitality Management, Culinary Arts, or Business is highly desirable
• Possess specialized skills in one or more of the following areas including purchasing, staffing for and managing:
• Patient and Retail Food services
• Clinical nutrition
• Environmental services
• Laundry/linen distribution
• Central transportation
• Facilities management
• Clinical Engineering
• Customer call centers
• Direct supervisory experience and proven ability to capitalize on a diverse group of professional skills and personalities in a team environment, including coaching, mentorship, and performance management
• Recent healthcare consulting experience in a team-based professional services firm environment is highly desirable
• Strong attention to detail and proven data/analytical and process redesign skills (including problem solving, quantitative reasoning and workflow mapping) to develop analysis and process improvement recommendations to create a solution that drives measurable desired results and maintains client and team satisfaction
• Solid written communication and documentation skills to create and edit internal and client deliverables that are succinct, articulate and meet Huron’s standards of quality
• Exceptional organization and time management skills to manage multiple priorities at once with fast-paced turnaround times
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office programs and tools including Excel pivot tables and vlookups as well as advanced Power Point presentation development skills
• Able to demonstrate a high degree of self-awareness and ability to accurately gauge others to appropriately guide thinking and behavior, especially in difficult situations
• Appropriately influencing and negotiating with clients and willingness to accept and integrate constructive feedback
• Flexible learning mind-set to fully understand and integrate Huron’s methodology with a high level of critical thinking and ability to navigate ambiguous and dynamic circumstances and environments
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication and presentation skills
Living location can be anywhere within the contiguous 48 states and near a major airport
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.