Create Your Future.
At Huron, we believe there’s a better way to achieve the type of change that delivers lasting success. It takes a steady focus and genuine collaboration of our teams to support our clients. It takes true partnership, from day one.
Sustainable, enduring change doesn’t just happen. It requires a dedicated partner to produce measurable, impactful results – results that improve performance today, help chart the course for tomorrow and prepare our clients for the challenges of the future.
It’s this passionate commitment to our clients’ success that drives us.
Consulting Manager - Hospital Pharmacy
Category: Healthcare Consulting
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
The multi-faceted role you’ve been looking for… Managers play a vibrant, integral role at Huron. Their invaluable knowledge reflects in the projects they manage, and the teams they lead. Known for being political savvy, they build long-standing partnerships with clients, while collaborating with colleagues to solve their most important challenges. In fact, they shape and deliver results that seamlessly align with client goals, visions and missions. Remarkably versatile, our Managers also spend significant time mentoring junior staff on the engagement team—where they tirelessly share expertise as well as feedback and encouragement. This benefits Huron profoundly as it promotes a culture of respect, unity, collaboration, and personal achievement.
Our environment inspires and rewards growth… As a Manager, you have the unique ability to specialize in certain areas that showcase and employ your areas of expertise while pursuing your “career vision”. Huron is big enough to offer the opportunity and exposure you need for your career growth—but small enough to give you individual attention for your professional development. Every associate adds to who we are as an organization—and the more you evolve, the more we do. An exciting career experience awaits you: It’s intense… it’s analytically rigorous… it’s practical… it’s entrepreneurial… it’s intellectually stimulating—and most definitely—it’s career-defining… It’s the Huron Way
Let’s get to work – together.
Clinical Pharmacy Managers will consult with pharmacists to develop and implement innovative clinical services that improve patient outcomes and reduce cost. Responsibilities will include evaluating clients P&T, formulary process, clinical pharmacist execution and implementing changes. Managers have responsibility for the management of complex client engagements with a command of best practices and performance metrics across our clients that range from large academic medical centers to small suburban hospitals. In this role, you will effectively communicate and build relationships with client management to assess their needs, and design and implement solutions based on Hurons methodology that meet or exceed specified engagement results. You will have demonstrated experience and political savvy working with client executives to maintain the appropriate level of client support and momentum throughout the engagement. In this visible role as a brand ambassador for Huron Healthcare you will contribute to innovation and advancement of existing solution capabilities. You will thrive in a collaborative team environment while also exercising appropriate autonomy when needed to meet job requirements. As a Manager, you will spend a significant amount of time mentoring junior staff on the engagement team and helping them develop by providing necessary direction. All of our consultants must demonstrate the highest level integrity, personal and Huron values, along with a commitment to Huron by championing company goals and administrative practices.
Managers in the Non-Labor/Pharmacy service line must demonstrate performance in the following:
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge and understanding of relevant clinical operations in the hospital pharmacy
- Lead engagement planning; organize and schedule resources; and ensure compliance with internal policies and engagement administration
- Utilize tools to measure engagement progress, benefits provided to clients, achievement of budget expectations
- Develop work plans and coordinate daily fieldwork and engagement team activities
- Assist in preparation of client deliverables including data analyses, process flows, quality reviews and presentations
- Client Relationship Management
- Build and manage successful client relationships generating positive client feedback on quality, value, innovation, delivery, and results - Managing and Leading Teams
- Create an effective work environment setting a positive tone, establishing performance expectations and driving accountability through motivation
- Accomplish work through others by managing and leading, not necessarily doing
- Provide leadership to both consulting and client personnel to identify, quantify, implement and measure specific improvement initiatives
- Effectively direct, coach, motivate and evaluate analysts and associates including completion of all elements of Hurons performance management process
- Conduct client interviews related to data analysis, data interpretation, and process design
- Lead team efforts in developing solutions to difficult or complex client situations to ensure goals and objectives are met
- Adapt methodologies to typical and complex situations, circumstances and new requirements
- Based on clinical pharmacy expertise, the use of drug-specific knowledge of therapeutic and toxic effects will be employed to assist in analysis
Communication and Executive Disposition:
- Communicate effectively (written and verbal) to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrate a high degree of self-awareness and ability to accurately gauge others to appropriately guide thinking and behavior, especially in difficult situations
- Represent Huron Healthcare with poise, professionalism and confidence
- Communicate effectively with all levels of client management, including C-suite client leadership
- Monitor scope of client expectations surrounding delivery of generated results
- Practice Development
- Participate as a leader in practice management which includes tools and methodologies to deliver work, and talent development including recruiting
- Participate in activities such as sales pursuits, solution advancement and methodology, recruiting, and internal training development, as appropriate
- Ongoing dataset/drug library management for client datasets
- Current permanent U.S. work authorization required
- Pharm.D degree required
- Minimum 9 years clinical, operations and administrative pharmacy experience in a large Academic Medical Center or Teaching Hospital setting as a Hospital Pharmacy Director or Clinical Manager including experience with pharmacy supply chain operations - sourcing, contracting and purchasing activities and providing recommendations regarding drug therapy to medical staff committees.
- Willingness to travel weekly (Monday-Thursday)
- Work extended hours as necessary
- A Masters degree in Pharmacy, Business Administration, in Health or Hospital Administration is a plus - ASHP clinically-oriented pharmacy residency (PGY1 or PGY2) preferred
- Healthcare delivery/provider experience with formal engagement leadership experience focused on cost reduction and/or process re-engineering/improvement initiatives
- Proven success managing large engagement teams (5+) through the creation and management of detailed work plans, resources and expense budgets, as well as, coaching, mentorship and performance management
- Recent healthcare consulting experience in a team-based professional services firm environment
- Able to demonstrate solid negotiation skills to effectively manage client expectations for engagement deliverables in order to meet or exceed objectives while maintaining budget
- Strong attention to detail and proven data/analytical and process redesign skills (including problem solving, quantitative reasoning and workflow mapping) in order to oversee the teams analysis and process improvement recommendations to create a solution that drives measurable desired results and maintains client and team satisfaction
- Solid written communication and documentation skills to create and edit internal and client deliverables that are succinct, articulate and meet Hurons standards of quality
- Exceptional organization and time management skills to manage multiple priorities at once with fast-paced turnaround times
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office programs and tools including PowerPoint, Word and Excel and a knowledge of advanced Excel functions including pivot tables and vlookups
- Able to work with and capitalize on a diverse group of professional skills and personalities in a team environment including the development and delivery of staff performance evaluations but also able to work independently to drive performance improvements/initiatives.
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of self-awareness and ability to accurately gauge others to appropriately guide thinking and behavior, especially in difficult situations
- Appropriately influencing and negotiating with clients and willingness to accept and integrate constructive feedback
- Flexible learning mind-set to fully understand and integrate Huron's methodology with a high level of critical thinking and ability to navigate ambiguous and dynamic circumstances and environments
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated fit with Huron culture and alignment with Huron's core values of Integrity, Passion, Pursuit of Excellence, Collaboration and Accountability
Living location can be anywhere within the contiguous 48 states and near a major airport
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.